4/22/11

New York Botanical Garden Part One

The New York Botanical Gardens might be my favorite thing I've seen since moving here. It's in the Bronx, so it feels so far removed from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. It's quiet! I loved the feeling of land! Lots of land. I wasn't fighting for a piece of space the whole time.  I split a family membership with my friend Hailey and plan on going back whenever I get the chance. I heard the model train show before Christmas is amazing. I can't wait! I will do a few posts of our the day at the gardens.

The first collage of pictures don't have to do with plants and flowers, but it captures the esthetic of the place.  The designers are spot on. The entrance to the Children's Adventure Garden is bordered by two huge ribbon walls. I usually like to stick to a max of three pictures in my collages, but I loved loved loved this wall too much. Presenting a million pictures starring Oscar and ribbons! And one of Ella. And a stick. 

4 comments:

  1. Cool place:) Great pics:) My kids would LOVE it there:) Where is Owen?
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wouldn't wear his suspenders, so he didn't get to be on the blog. Haha. i'm so mean. he wears them later on in the day so he'll be in later posts. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun , nice pictures! you and Rob have a real nack for living an adventurous life. I'm still jealous of that apartment on Laie Point U2 had, how awesome? John Reese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger