6/10/11

Staten Island Ferry (it's free!)


We took the grandparents on the Staten Island Ferry today. I keep showing them the countryside version of NYC because that's what I'm attracted to.  I promise to show them Time Square or something crazy before they leave.
My Tip for the Staten Island Ferry: For the best views of the Statue of Liberty, as soon as you enter the ferry, stay put. Don't walk up the higher levels or deep into the boat. Stay at the boat's enterence. Everyone will pass you by to the higher levels and deep into the boat. You'll be left standing alone with great views! Once on Staten Island, we stopped by the September 11th Memorial, had a picnic and threw rocks in the water. Then took the boat back. Simple beautiful hot day.

Found: The Christian Louboutin of flip flops are Here! 

10 comments:

  1. Eek! I just bought the boys $1 flip flops at Walmart. ha
    -Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon.

    I just had to share that I was browsing on Pinterest today and saw your 'photo booth blow up' art on someone's board. It's been repinned 43 times so far. So cool.

    Thought I'd share.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your space~
    http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I've just spent an hour reading through your posts.
    I got to say it's refreshing to hear of another mom and the REAL trials and tribulations of having amazing, adorable, vivacious yet demanding, somewhat annoying children! I have an almost 4 year old and an almost 1 year old... and some days...i just loose my mind! (I sound like such a bad mom right now...but i swear I love them to death!!)
    Love your blog and your cute little family!!
    P.s. I found you from Pinterest...Sherry from YHL pinned your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. karen: thanks! it was fun to see your comments pop up in my email box tonight. haha: i love what you wrote: amazing, adorable, vivacious yet demanding, somewhat annoying children. you nailed it.
    and thanks for coming over from YHL. i was so flattered to have Sherry pin one of my images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you via Say Yes to Hoboken - I LOVED your fashion for boys post. Seriously, I needed that. I just had a boy & have NO CLUE how to dress him!

    Don't know if you remember me, but we met WAAAAY back when in Silicon Valley at Paxi's. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger