8/10/11

Statue of Liberty Tip


Quick Post today (late night last night!). Here's a NYC Tip: Bring bathing suits when you visit the Statue of Liberty. Right before you get in line to see the statue, you will pass these sprinklers in Battery Park. The water shoots out at random intervals and at different pressures. The kids kept going back for more surprises. Owen circled the sprinklers shouting, "High five! High five! High five!" and gave high fives to the water. While the water feature is amazing, watching my kids play within view of the Statue of Liberty was the highlight for me. One of these days I'll get out to Liberty Island, but for now, the view from Battery Park is just enough.





10 comments:

  1. Great pictures! My favorite is the one where the kids are huddled in the middle of the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had one of those! Your little girl looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful. love the last one of the boys shivering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great pics! I love NYC so much, but clearly only see it as an adult. I love your posts to see NYC through a child's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the BK Museum on Sunday and with the heat and humidity was sooooo tempted to run around in the fountains with the kids. But on second thought, if an adult showed up in her bikini to go run around in the fountains I think it might stir up some trouble and dirty looks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you decide to go to the island, if you have a car, go from the Jersey side. The lines are generally much much shorter which is such a bonus with kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger