11/16/11

30th Birthday: Afternoon Tea



We ended up at Lady Mendl's for tea. Thanks to reader Erin Wigger for the suggestion! It was the best way to end my date with Ella.

memories
1. Ella's choice: sitting on the couches next to the fire place (in picture above). The huge candles, the beautiful china. It was warm and inviting without being fussy.
2. Ella kept finding excuses to say "Cheers!"
3. Everyone in the restaurant was seated at 5pm. We all got served dinner at the same time with the same food. There was no menu, just a tea menu. I was so proud of Ella for eating all the grown up food they prepared for us! We cheered to that.
4. As the night wore on, Ella sat next to me on my couch. She was cuddly and tired. We cheered to that.
5. When the dinner service was over, we lingered in the intimate reception area (pictured below). We didn't want the night to end. We sat in the chairs and looked through books. It was as if we had escaped to a different time period. Everything about Lady Mendl's was effortless.


I didn't take a lot pictures of my birthday. I thought I would, but I was pleasently surprised that I somehow turned off the blog switch for the day. All photos from lady mendl's site.


20 comments:

  1. What a sweet experience to have with your daughter! Happy birthday! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful looking celebration spot! Cheers to 30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I'm now totally inspired to take my daughter there next month for my birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic birthday. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to bring my 90-something year old Aunt out for tea on her birthday each year. It was always do delightful and was a great tradition. We meant to continue it after she passed, but maybe it's my new tradition? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I'm so glad you guys liked it! It really is dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, can I please borrow from you this wonderful idea? I would love to celebrate with my daughter like that, on my 30th birthday she'll be 3. Could it work out, or too young for her age? Another option would be to celebrate my name days just we two together, in Latvia, where I live, we celebrate Name days and mine is already on December 4!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a perfect day with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lady Mendl's! Next try Podunk for an opposite tea experience but equally yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! i started this tradition with ella when she was a young 4. I think a three year would love this too! good luck!

    oohhh! and name day! lucky you. to have another reason to celebrate is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet. yes, make it your new tradition. it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the tip. podunk looks really sweet. good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The decor here is so warm and inviting, a requisite to choosing a tea time location. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet. sharing your birthdays with your baby girl is such a charming idea. cheers!

    http://ajalake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. u may comment on the commentary of the blog. You could suggest it's cool. Your blog synopsis should escalate your checks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger