4/15/11

Paris Souvenirs: Art

Photo by one of the Ferneys
 Jordan and I found the artwork (below) of a blue haired boy on the ground, leaning against some furniture at the Paris Flea Market. Oh the Paris Flea Market! I could have spent my whole weekend there. Millions Trillions of alleyways bursting with anything imaginable. Pillows, knobs, wigs, hats, clocks, party supplies. It was like I was seeing the originals before they get copied and massed produced by Anthropologie.  
In regards to the painting: It probably caught every ones eye when they walked down they alleyway. It was by no means hidden. And how haunting he is! Is it even a boy? Is it junk and not purchased by so many for a reason? I loved it regardless and bought it. I was worried about getting it home in one piece though. So I taped all my clothes around it, put it in my suitcase, and bid it farewell when I checked it in at the airport. Luckily the frame and glass survived! I think it looks good in our living room, despite the fact that it scares the kids. Completely understandable. I'm using it as a way to make them more resilient.

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger