5/27/11

Central Park

Real nature. All those wild animals. Unmarked trails. Being alone! Central Park gives me just the amount of nature I like. Controlled nature. Almost artificial. The grass is well maintained and probably poisened with somesort of chemical to keep it green. Some of the trees are low enough to swing on or climb. The fields are large enough to practice walking silly.  The sidewalks are paved and there's tons of playgrounds. Most of the animals are on leashes. There's always someone playing an instrument or tap dancing or having a picnic nearby. But, most of all, Central Park eases my guilt for not giving my kids a backyard.
I think someone stepped on a butterfly. Tragic, I know.

4 comments:

  1. Wanna hear something really sad? I have a backyard and you probably spend more time with your kids playing outside than I do. I need to work on that. Stunning photos, by the way. That top photo looks just like Rob. Where's the red shorts?
    -Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red shorts: owen wore them in the morning and had an accident! but have no fear, I hand washed them and he wore them on Friday. I need to buy more shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys are obsessed with these:
    http://www.target.com/Boys%E2%80%99-Mossimo-Supply-Co-Straight-Leg/dp/B0038K4HPI/ref=sr_1_1/186-5860886-8881952?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=boys_skull_jeans&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1306725457&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Boys%E2%80%99%20Mossimo%20Supply%20Co%20Straight-Leg&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

    I just noticed they are half off! I might have to order some more... They really are the perfect fit for them. And they love the skull butt. Boys.
    -Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  4. that url is ridiculous. sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger