5/8/11

Mother's Day Breakfast

While I was out shopping with Ella yesterday, Rob scrubbed the entire house. Then he started writing his twenty minute speech for church. This took him until 11pm. When I was taking a shower, he said, "You're not going to get all sad about not getting flowers and breakfast in bed tomorrow, right? Because I cleaned the house and you got a new dress." Without me saying anything, he knew my answer. I was still in the shower when he came back with all the mother's day essentials: pastry, chocolates, card, and flowers. There are a million reasons why NYC makes life difficult, but the 24 hr bakeries/flower shops two blocks away are awesome. Thanks for making my morning so special and for giving me a break to write this post on my new surprise Mother's Day computer! 
Rob made me put these pictures up of my new dress. I think it's too self indulgent. But what else are blogs for? 

13 comments:

  1. Glad Rob made you post--you are gorgeous!!! And those flowers and breakfast--gorgeous! Glad Rob spoiled you.
    P.S. I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had to know we would all ask... where did you get that beautiful dress???? i love it! and your hair is awesome- happy mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janae!
    Kayla: Thanks. I got it at Ann Taylor Loft. it was the only one in the store. I looked for a link online, but i don't think they carry the dress anymore. i think i got lucky. try the store, maybe you'll get lucky too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. found it on ebay. i got it on sale for around $45 in store though. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110668584256#ht_1072wt_1141

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! You are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!
    -Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so pretty! I want your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new look for your blog again! Do I need a new look? Probably. That dress is super Fab-O. Well done. Looks like you had one heckuva Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everyone!
    Betsy: You're blog looks great! I love the tabs. I used a basic template from Designer Blogs (the link is on the bottom of my blog). It was only $25 and they did everything for me. I recommend them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous and your hair... i'm SOOOOO jealous! Love you Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sharon; I love those flowers! What kind are they, do you know by chance? (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger