6/14/11

Flower Necklaces


After we had a picnic in Central Park, Grandma showed Ella how to make flower chains. 
She used to make them as a child and now Ella can say she did too.

1. Find a field of wild flowers and ask a child to pick the flowers, leaving the stems long.
2. Using your nail, slice the stem down the middle about 1/2 inch.
3. Pull the slits apart, forming a hole.
4. Get a new flower, pull it through hole
5.  Pull taunt. Not enough to break the chain, of course.
6. Repeat steps until you have the desired length for a necklace, crown, or bracelet.
7.  Admire your creation, then flolic in the fields.



Did you make wild flower necklaces as a child? I didn't, but I plan on making up for lost time this summer.

3 comments:

  1. I remember making these! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did this during recess in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This totally takes me back to grade school. We used to make crowns out of them too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger