6/6/11

Hoboken Film Festival Review: Zero Percent


We watched Zero Percent at the Hoboken Film Festival on Saturday. I loved it. About five minutes into it, I whispered to Rob, "Oh great, I'm already crying." Here's a brief summery of the movie from imDb:


Rare access within the walls of the notorious Sing Sing Correctional facility to follow the lives of several of society's forgotten men as they experience the transformative power of education while going through a rigorous college program called Hudson Link-- with astounding statistical results.


Our cousins are volunteer teachers at Sing Sing and encouraged us to see the movie with them. I'm so glad they invited us.  If you ever get the chance to watch the movie: Go! It got excepted into the Roxbury Film Festival in Boston (info to come) and the Las Vegas Film Festival (July 17th at 10am).

Some of the people in the movie. Including professors, graduates of Hudson Link, and the Director of the film.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and had to tell you how much I love it! I lived in New York for a year and fell in love with it. Now that I have my own little boy and one on the way I wish I could move back and share all that fun stuff with them. One day...but anyway I love reading your blog. :)
    -Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds completely awesome. Adding it to my queue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger