6/29/11

Last Day of School!

(I wrote this post yesterday.)
I plan on taking the Summer 2011 really seriously. Starting today. We all bought bathing suits, ate tons of fresh fruit, got ice cream cones, played in the sprinklers, ran in a field. We walked home at 4pm and crashed in the air conditioning until 7pm. I cooked up pot stickers for dinner, and after that, all the kids went back to bed. Fast forward to fall, and all my kids will be in school full-time and I plan on getting a full-time job. It's my last few months as a stay-at-home mom. I'm going to give it all that I got. I'm hoping that I look back and remember this time as the good ol' days. Coming soon: A list of my summer goals.

I'll end with a picture of Rob and Ella. I took it today to remember one of the best memories Ella has of kindergarden: walking to school with Dad. It probably took them about 15 minutes to get to school everyday. Just enough time to talk and get a donut (his idea) or a piece of fruit (my idea).  After he dropped her off, most days I would get a short text or a message from Rob saying how much he loved and admired Ella. This morning was no different. He texted me: Ella was so cute. Really going to miss walking her.

Here's to a great summer! Do you have plans? What's a must do on your list?



13 comments:

  1. That's so precious and special that he got to walk Ella to school and would send you a text afterwards! What great memories she'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon you said "I cooked up pot stickers for dinner". Whats "stickers"?? D

    ReplyDelete
  3. D: pot stickers are Chinese dumplings. Trader Joes sells them in the frozen food aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture got me all choked up and my kids are only 2! For all of NYC's hassles, the fact you can walk your kids to school is such a lovely bonus. Enjoy every moment of your last Stay-at-Home-Mom summer.
    p.s. I'd opt for the donut, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Would you mind telling me where you got your daughter's outfit (or the pieces of it)? I would love to re-create for my own little girl! Trina

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it. I'm inspired to be a more active mom this summer.

    My kids won't be heading to school in the fall (well, not all day...) and I won't be going back to work, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't give it my all.

    Why shouldn't I make this the "best summer ever"? There is no reason! Now, to come up with some activities...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's the sweetest thing i've heard in a long time. what a wonderful way for them to start their day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay this got me all teary too :) very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww...that's adorable. I can't wait to see what you guys do this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Your comments made my day.

    Trina:
    Tank Top: H&M
    Skirt: American Apparel
    Socks: H&M
    Shoes: Payless

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few summers back, a friend of mine got a big sheet of butcher paper and had her kids yell out all the things they wanted to do that summer. It ranged from "getting Slurpees" to "going to the beach." She wrote it all on there in bright colors, hung it on her pantry door, and as they accomplished each summer goal, they crossed it off. I plan on trying that with my kids this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet. I swear you guys are super parents. Sounds like a great summer is in store... Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon, this post is so sweet. Happy summer, I wish I could join you. You are such a wonderful mom, those lucky kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger