8/19/11

Weekend Approved Project:


Let me start by saying thanks to all of those who participated in the last Weekend Project.  I'll keep you updated on the progress here. Five strollers have already arrived at my house!

This weeks project is an easy one: Get a back to school haircut

Here in NYC, we still have a few weeks until the first day of school. Just about the time that haircuts start to look their best in my opinion. In our family, Oscar is the twin that gets a haircut by a barber. It was decided that he would have the longer hair (read more here). Owen gets a buzz cut by dad. Equally as memorable/special to me.

Here's Oscar getting his haircut in a museum-like barber shop in Greenich Village called Moustache: Greenwich Tonsorial. It was great, totally recommend it. The stylizing of the shop couldn't have been better. The haircut was thoughtful. Only downfall? No lollipops and a 1982 edition of Playboy on the coffee table in the waiting area. Nothing I couldn't cover up with my backpack. The lollipops? I always hate the mess any way.  I was apologetic for having all my kids there at first, but everyone (including the owner) made me feel welcome. 


It took me about 10 minutes of picture taking to realize the barber was a total fox. Mommies, here's another reason to take your kids to this barbershop!

Or do you cut your/your kids hair yourself? If so, you're brave! How did you learn? Barbers make it look so easy.


17 comments:

  1. Wow, that barber is gorgeous! I think I may go get my hair cut there now! I bet they got a real kick out of your son's suspenders in that shop too.

    My dad cut my hair until I was 16 years old. Sweet memory, but he was a lawyer, not a barber. My hair has coincidentally looked a lot better since high school:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Owen ever ask to grow his hair long? I've been reading your blog since springtime, and I don't think I ever realized that the twins are identical! Is there a height difference and other physical differences too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh because I thought that of the barber before I read your comment.
    I used to cut my boy's hair, but now he goes with his dad to the barber and sits on his lap. The barber is great and cuts both of them in one session. My daughter has her hair cut at the hairdressers about twice a year...I used to just cut her bangs, but now she has long thick hair that I would not be able to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...who styled that barber shop?!?! It's incredible and so detailed. Love the fan//clock under glass dome//etc. Also, agreed...he is attractive. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Barber shops!!! As soon as I found out I was having a boy,I told R that we would be going to the Barber's for C:) There is just something about the Barber Shop...I just think it's special for boys/Men...I know girls can go in there too...but I feel like it's a place guys can go & just be with the guys:) Kind of like tearooms...men can go in there too...but it's special for girls/ladies. Does that make sense? C has been going to the Barber's since he was two (he was bald before that)lol:)I love the last pic of Oscar checking himself out in the mirror as the cute Barber cuts his locks:)Love it! I LOVE the Vintage Barber chair too!:) Happy School Year,Oscar. Enjoy your cute new Cut!:)
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this...but where is the after picture of Oscars hair cut?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 minutes? It did not take you that long. I actually did a little gasp at the computer screen. This man is wasted in a barber!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hot hot Barber... so, (distracted, take a deep breath) - my son gets his haircut by good friends - I have never paid - it is sooo expensive for a kids hair cut here. So we set up a salon at home and he loves it!

    www.simplystylishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I think of a barber shop hair stylist I think of an older man... not that! Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha Glad you all enjoyed the barber!

    Anon: Yes--Owen is noticeably smaller than Oscar. And they have completely different personalities. Even their voices are different! So yes--I can see why people don't realize they are identical. Much less, twins!

    Patty: The after pics are shown after the deer head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little men are too adorable. I LOVE the suspenders.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my friend just sent me a link to your blog. i love it! this post is my favorite so far in my reading. i love that you said 10 pictures in you realized the barber was a fox! i'm still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops - 10 minutes into picture taking...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger