10/26/11

Babble Post: Beyond Dan Zanes, My Top 10 Folksy Kids Albums


Around the age of two and a half, my kids started singing along to the chorus of every Black Eyed Peas song that was playing on the radio. I didn't even think they were listening! It was then that I started questioning my music choices. I wanted my kids to be singing sweet folk songs with lyrics like, "Home, Home on the Range!" not "Shi!%in' on y'all you with the boom boom!" Check out how I made up for years of Black Eyed Peas indoctrination on Babble today! 


What is your favorite children's album?



6 comments:

  1. We love Recess Monkey, a children's band from Seattle! "Flapjacks" from "Flying!" (http://www.amazon.com/Flying/dp/B004YWZFVE/ref=tmm_msc_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1319645633&sr=1-2) is a current favorite, and we also love their album "Field Trip" (http://www.amazon.com/Field-Trip-Recess-Monkey/dp/B004YX1C06/ref=sr_1_3_digr?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1319645763&sr=1-3).

    ReplyDelete
  2. our kids seriously love kanye west, jayz, and the beasty boys. but i try and skip the songs that are really bad.... i am sure next year when they are a bit older i will have to completely rethink our music selection. folk music might be coming soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaaa This post made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love folk music, thanks for sharing such great artists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorites are: Peter, Paul and Mommy, Tom Pease's I'm Gonna Reach album, Gemini Brother's Good Mischief Album, and Ella Jenkins' You'll Sing a Song and I'll Sing a Song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just started reading your blog and I was so happy to see you feature the Bright Spaces CD! I work for the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children- we received all the proceeds from this album. So thanks for mentioning it! We don’t have children of our own yet, my hipstery husband and I both love to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger