11/3/11

Job Update

nice comb over. ha what was i thinking? 

Remember this Wanted Ad Poster? Here's some updates:

My first month at Babble's Kid Scoop was amazing! I'm on a team with 6 other bloggers who write 5 posts a week. Each post discusses parenting or kid related topics. I come up with most of the topics myself (which is fun!) and sometimes they suggest topics (which is helpful!). I love that it's really flexible and I can do it from home. I also love that it's a paying gig! I hope that more websites follow its business model because it seems to be working. Thanks readers for always clicking to my Babble posts. I did really well my first month because of your support!

I finished my internship at NYFamily. The New Parents Expo was a total success. I even got to sit next to Dr. Harvey Karp and thank him for teaching me how to sleep train my boys. The 5 S's got me through the first year! The event was fun and I love the people at NYFamily. I consider Rebecca (my boss) one of my favorite people I've met in NYC. I hope to work with them again soon!

Writing two posts a day (one for NYC Taught Me and one for Babble), keeping the house clean (you should see my living room right now, it's DISGUSTING), watching 3 kids. I'm curious how my other bloggy friends do it all. They seem to be doing so much more than me! Or at least making less typos and proofreading mistakes ;) I know I shouldn't compare, but I feel like I'm just squeezing everything into my day. I'll learn.


8 comments:

  1. See? Error in THIS comment. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say this with enough enthusiasm: I LOVE your typos. Every time I find one, it gives me a little thrill. No, not a gloating "she-can't-get-it-right thrill, but a she's-a-real-LIVE-NYC-writer-and-she-makes-mistakes-too. I guarantee you that you can look at any of my blog posts or comments made on anyone's posts, and you'll swiftly find an error. That's horrifying for me as a lover of all things literature and syntax. I'm *known* as a grammar Nazi for Buddha's sake; but writing an entire blog without one typo or mistake, I suppose, is not in me. Alas. You, however, make me feel like I'm not an amateur so much as concentrating on the content. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What???? You my dear, are one of my favs as well! Don't you worry doll face, we will be working together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoy your blog, especially your great NY photos -- thanks! And good luck with your job hunting. I suggest, however, especially if you're looking for writing work, that you have someone go over your posts with you to check grammar/spelling ("threw" in this one, for example). Your wonderful blog will be a better advertisement for you without these issues. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the suggestion--i made the change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learning from your own mistakes is a good thing I appreciate your make all efforts for writing kids related stuff

    MBA Business Plan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger