11/1/11

Remember When It Snowed in October?


NYorkers will be talking about this for years. Every winter will be compared to this one. People will say, "Well, this winter isn't as bad as that one year it snowed in October! I was there! The leaves hadn't even turned yellow yet!" And the legend will grow. People will claim they built snowman and snow forts in Central Park. Abominable Snowman sightings. It will all come, you watch. I've been here a year and learned that NYorkers LOVE to talk about the weather. Past and Present. Snow in October? Most interesting thing that could have ever happened to NYorker small talk.


9 comments:

  1. LOL! You are so so right about this. It's totally going to be the thing people talk about forever (well, at least until the next weird snowfall). I love that perfect photo, too! So happy to have stumbled onto your blog for the first time today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! People looooove to talk about it here in Florida too. I don't think it's just the older people either. Mike is always checking the radar on his phone. hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy! It makes me miss living on the East coast. It's 80 degrees in Houston today..

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're SO right! we're in northern va and got dumped with some snow this weekend too. although my husband and i were reminiscing about how it was 80 degrees and sunny this time of year three years ago when we got married. awww shmoopy. p.s. gotta love al gore:)

    http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2011/11/tights.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gyða GunnarsdóttirMarch 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

    I love to talk about the weather, here in Vermont and in Iceland ;)
    I am also talking about its weird that it snowed in October....and I am not old....uhhh but my kids think I am old though ....,,WHAT mom, you are 35.......WOW THATS OLD.
    Happy tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha, your post made me laugh. I hear ya..... but weather's such an *interesting* topic of conversation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo! I was on the phone with a friend that lives in the Upper West Side while it was snowing. Seeing as I live in Florida I was green with envy- the fact that he is lucky enough to live in NY is torture enough but telling me about the snow was like rubbing salt in the wound, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger