12/12/11

My No Make-Up Life Vs. Make-Up Life


I took these pics for a story one of the Babble bloggers is doing about no make-up vs. make up. I don't know when the post is going up, but I thought I'd show you my pics because starting tomorrow, I'll be wearing make-up again. For the past couple of months, when I'm picking the kids up from school and working from home, I'll be lucky if my teeth are brushed you'll be lucky if my teeth are brushed. Blame it on the fact that I live in the Upper West Side. It's how people usually see me, but not tomorrow.

I'm heading back to the office at New York Family to start my internship in the editorial side of the magazine. I'll be back to reading books on the subway as I commute. Skipping lunch (it's good for me--I've been finishing off way too many tubs of Pillsbury frosting lately). Walking a few miles in heals. Most of all writing!

I hope I'm nice to my kids in the morning. Especially when we are running late and Oscar's shoe goes missing. Every time. Or later when Owen refuses to wear his hat and starts dragging it on the sidewalk. And then dangles it over a city trash can and waits for me to react. Not that that has ever happened.

Tomorrow morning, I want my kids to see that I'm working on my dream. I want the message to be really clear: That I'm happy and grateful and excited about this opportunity. I want them to see that this is going to do great things for me and the family. Otherwise, if I'm all grumpy and frustrated as I help them find their shoes, they might not know. And that could be really confusing to them.  I'll see how I do. Who knows what the morning will bring?

21 comments:

  1. Have a great day! I am excited for you! I need to wear make up...which means I need to get up earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon, I follow your blog from Buenos Aires, Argentina and I love it. I wish you a great first day and as we say here: "Suerte!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have an awesome morning and a great first day! I admire the way you view working as an opportunity to inspire your kids... such a fantastic outlook! (ps- you rock that lipstick color:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I know you will do awesome. You are doing what you love now and I'm sure just by looking at you, you can tell that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Also you look great either way - make-up or no make-up

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you! As a stay at home mom now, I dream about the days when I can go back to wearing heels and makeup and leaving for work for the day, and you are really doing it! I think the best thing for kids is to lead by example, and they will probably look up to you more if they see that you are following your dreams, and what an inspiration! Good luck, keep us posted on the progress, and even the small thrills like riding the subway by yourself, or wearing cute dresses that don't get kid food on them .;)

    Shannon
    www.11thandshannon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're beautiful without the makeup. Hope you take that as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you look great either way but make up is SUCH fun! Can you tell us what lipstick you are wearing? I am SO into reds right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post - thank you for sharing! What a great way to really be intentional and show through 'small' actions your happiness, gratitude, and excitement. This was really motivating and encouraging for me. Thank you. :)

    Sending happy thoughts your way for a fantastic morning tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love make-up and that you are following your dream. Your children are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say, I think you look beautiful with no make-up!! With make-up is pretty, too - but you look so youthful and fresh with nothing:)

    Good luck on your first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck -- I hope your dreams are completely and fully realized! I love reading your blog -- inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look incredibly young without the makeup, and all grown up elegance with it. Have a great time going back to work. Your kids will grow from the experience, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK ans a fantastic first day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks everyone!!!!!! the day was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats and best of luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look gorgeous!!! also i LOVED this part: "Tomorrow morning, I want my kids to see that I'm working on my dream. I want the message to be really clear: That I'm happy and grateful and excited about this opportunity. I want them to see that this is going to do great things for me and the family."

    ReplyDelete
  18. That shade of lipstick looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. GreetingsfromTexasMarch 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

    That's awesome. Congrats!
    www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. either way you are stunning with and without makeup..Eliza_jane is right though that lipstick looks great on you..xxD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger