5/1/12

Boys Weekend vs Girls Weekend. Who won?


The island of Manhattan is 13.4 miles long, and 2.3 miles wide at its widest point. Since we don't have a car, we rarely venture out of those parameters. Last weekend, the island suddenly became too small for my husband Rob.

He woke up, and said, "I NEED to get out of the city! Let's go to Upstate or New Jersery or somewhere!"

I opened up my iCalender and looked for an open weekend and said, "We can't do this weekend, and not the next. How about three weeks from now?"

"No no no, this isn't something we plan, we just go. NOW!"

But my Saturday was already booked. I had a brunch with friends and later that night I had my last photography class. I had been looking forward to those things for weeks. Ella had plans, too. She had a best friend's birthday party Saturday afternoon! The girls wanted to stay in the city.

Rob was determined, so he came up with the idea to have an urban adventure with his sons. And that's how the Girls vs. Boys weekend was born.

They ventured off to the nearest and cheapest hotel with an indoor swimming pool in New Jersey. It took them 3 hours on public transportation to get there!  Once they eventually arrived at the hotel, they ate tons of junk food, watched Family Guy (I never let them!), swam constantly, went to the zoo, bought hideous costumes at Toys R Us, and stayed up late.

Our girl's weekend wasn't so shabby either. On top of my brunch and my photo class and Ella's party, we got our nails done, split a giant cupcake, had dinner at Chelsea Market, and saw the Lorax in 3D. Ella also got a bonus sleepover with her cousin.

I totally think girls won! Although I am competing with a zoo and a pool. Tough call.

Have you ever gone on separate vacations within your family? And then got overly competitive about who's having the most fun? Ha, we would never . . .

The weekend actually turned out really great. My favorite part was listening to everyone's stories at the dinner table on Sunday night. Everyone was talking at once. The house was alive with energy! While I adore spending time together as a family, it was an unexpected treat to get a break from everyone. Great idea Rob.
Near the end. So tired!
Officially out. 
 More pictures of the boy's adventure after the jump. I can always gauge Rob's happiness by the amount of pictures he takes. He took 31 pictures over weekend. That's an astounding amount for him!







Owen hasn't taken this costume off since Saturday. 
Oscar brought this to school on Monday to show off his fencing skills.











22 comments:

  1. how great-as you said-great to see eachother and share after the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too adorable!!! those bellies!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend for both sides! Where did you find the boys' bathing suits? I'm always looking for simple suits for my two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I bet the kids enjoyed it a bunch, too! Next, Rob will have to do something fancy with Ella. Awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too cute! I loved having girls weekend with my mom as a kid, we would go shopping together and just have fun. And I remember my dad taking my brother one weekend away too, it's nice to have one on one time sometimes with a parent.

    Also, where did you get those awesome floaties for the boys? I NEED them! They are so cool!

    Shannon
    www.11thandshannon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart & Amazon have them:) My kids have them & I love them! They are GREAT! They are also Coast Guard approved!:)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the Boys won to me! And your husband seems like the greatest dad ever... even if he did let your sweet children watch that godforsaken show family guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I LOVE the pictures of your boys - those swim contraptions are amazing and seeing them laying on the bed in their undies watching the computer is hilarious! This sounds like an awesome weekend. Good thinking, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are seriously the cutest things I've ever seen! I'm gonna have to say it was a tie. Both weekends sound perfectly perfect! Girls doing girly things and boys getting into trouble with dad! What a weekend.

    xx Olivia
    IWANTTHESESHOES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those floaties, they are so adorable! Plus, I love how Rob tired them out so much that they feel asleep on a curb (presumably making their 3 hour trek back home)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun!:) I vote Girls' weekend:)
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Tough call. It sounds like both sides had a great time. And how nice to have one on one time with your little girl. She must have loved having you to herself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea! Looks like they went to turtle back zoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful family you have!! In years to come your kids will look back and cherish those times and know that they are so very loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful family you have!! In years to come your kinds will look back and cherish those times and know that they are so very loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your family just gets cooler and cooler. I have loved your blog and have shared it with many people. You inspire so many of us. I just wanted to let you know that I found out I am having identical boy twins. I am one of the two that wrote you a few weeks back really nervous and you totally eased those worries. I have a 18 (now 20) month old daughter so it looks like it will be the same situation as you guys. My husband and I are thrilled. Thanks for all your wonderful, creative post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everyone
    This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experience and i need to share this great testimony. About how i get my ex back after a breakup. I never believed it, because i never heard nor learn anything about it before. Hey guys my wife and I have been married for 15 years. For over five years I have been dealing with jealousy issues because of flirting and her having emotional type affairs with other men. I felt like my masculinity was in question and if I said the way she was acting bothered me, it seemed to make matters worse or I was accused of being controling. During this period I did state I wanted a divorce if the behavior was not going to end: texting men a night, leaving for the weekend without letting me know where she was going or not responding to messages. We do have a son and basically it's been him and I for the last year on the weekends. She disconnected completely from being a good wife and mother. In April she said she wanted a separation and I said no we need to get into marriage counseling. We did try that, but she was not very responsive and didn't give any effort. Afterward she was adamant about separation and divorce. I continued to say no and that we needed to save our family. She presented a separation agreement and I had to hire a lawyer. Because of the above behavior my lawyer suggested a private investigator. The investigator discovered my wife was having an affair with a close friend of the family who also is married with children. We know the extended families. I feel like I should tell this man's wife about what happened. This adultery has devastated me emotionally, I feel betrayed and I'm physically drained. I know my wife is passionate in terms of her sexuality, and I can't get the thought of them out of my head. It makes me question my own manhood, and I feel very inferior or that he must be a better lover or what ever. The problem is my wife pursued him. She would go to him and she lured him into this adultery. I felt this was coming for some time and could not stop it. She was not only lying to me but also to our son about what she was doing and where she was going. My family is important, my son loves her and as crazy as it sounds so do I. Can you respond with a course of action on how to proceed? I was still have a very huge place in my heart for her. so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my wife came to me and apolo[filtered]ed for the wrongs she did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I, my son and my wife are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call/Whats-app: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home and change of grades its 100% safe. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. David L. Ollis, 43yrs, UK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger