6/18/12

Last Beach Picture for Awhile: Long Beach


Thanks to everyone who suggested Long Beach! We went on Saturday, and it took the beach blues out of me.  The sand was soft, the water was blue, and the sun was strong. Home!  (With a little tweaking, could that be a haiku poem? I'll resist the urge because once I took a personality quiz and it came back: You are probably the type of person who write poems. Stop. haha)

I was a little shocked to pay $24 to step foot on the beach but the unexpected nap I took made it worth it.  Rob said I fell asleep for an hour. When I woke up, the tide suddenly was rising to my toes and the back of my legs felt really hot. I still have a slight burn. 

Above is the only picture I took of the beach. I was so busy napping that I didn't have time to take more.   After the jump are two more pictures of Owen. He kept asking the universe and me: Where's our beach?





9 comments:

  1. Long Beach was also recommended to me when I lived in New York. Despite the long train ride it took to get there, it was a pleasant surprise and just what I needed to escape the city (and all of my responsibilities).

    (Also, I noticed that you are from SF and we will be traveling there in July and wanted to visit a beach. All of my research highlights many beaches but with some sort of drawback: fog, wind, or sharks. Could you recommend a family-friendly beach in the SF area?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! My two are at the age where the beach just means I am cleaning sand out of diaper butts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diaper butts....hahahaha...I love it!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Seems like a long time since I looked at your blog. Doing so makes me miss you! Glad you found Long Beach. I went to a beach in Massachusetts, I think, or maybe it was Rhode Island. Anyways, we had to pay to get on it and it was so crowded!! I felt silly considering the beaches we grew up with. But you do what you gotta do to get that beach craving met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo, nothing is better than a lazy day and nap at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it to one! I spent last week in Perdido Key, Florida with family. It was so wonderful--I wish it could have lasted longer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger