7/30/12

91st Street Garden


We've walked past the 91st Street Garden a trillion times, but I always assumed we weren't aloud to walk inside the gates. Perhaps we're not, but nobody said anything the entire time. If it's prohibited, I'm sure someone would have told me to get those brats out. New Yorkers love to enforce rules in the kindest way.

I heard the garden is at the end of the movie You've Got Mail. I tried watching it this morning.  But then Meg Ryan. The way she squints and hops around like a baby mouse. It's painful. I was happily surprised to see Parker Posey in the second scene. Could watch her all day! But then Posey's scene ended and I turned the movie off minutes later. Right after Meg Ryan's character smells a bouquet of roses for the second time. I feel awful because I'm sure I'm suppose to love this movie, along with Jane Austen and the Bachelor. To salvage it, I googled "Parker Posey You've Got Mail" so I could skip to the good parts. Found it here. Where are my tick tacks? Uhhh.  Whhhhat?!  Love her.
Ella's petal collection. Gardeners fear not: She didn't pick any, these were all on the ground.

More pictures of my favorite flowers from the garden after the jump.







Holding a flower like a cigarette. nice. . .
my favorite. love this color. for lipstick, for a skirt, for anything. 

16 comments:

  1. You have such a great eye for photography! Love the photos, as always. I know you've posted about Ella's dress before--where is it from again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of your kiddos running. captures the spirit of how a garden should be enjoyed--with pure, unabashed enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've Got Mail is my all time favorite movie! But I am a big Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks fan to start. I want to come to NYC someday and see this garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh what beautiful photos, what a gorgeous place. You had me at the first photo, though, Ella opening the gate to what seems like some secret garden, a hidden paradise... So lovely!
    /Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!:) That's so cool you went to the gardens today:)My son & I went to the gardens today too (a different garden,of course). I asked my little man if it reminded him of Heaven. He just looked at me....I wonder what he was thinking:) I just love looking at God's artwork:)
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. What is on O's hands/arms? Did he wrestle with a red magic marker or are those ant/mosquito bites?
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous photos!Your kids are so cute!And what a nice garden!The flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most fabulous post of pictures! I always love your NYC photos; it makes the city look so whimsical, and I always get nostalgic for it, even though I've never been there! But these are by far the best. I would love to get married in that garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Meg Ryan description completed my day. I'm going to sleep now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if you watch "Louie," the show, but she has been in a few episodes this season, it's a great part, I've liked her since "Basquiat."

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if you've posted this before, but would you be willing to share what lenses you are using? I love the photos - the whimsy, the energy, the colours!! I'm just about to teach myself a little bit about DSLR photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love You've Got Mail, but I agree your description of Meg Ryan made my day! Bahahaha! Lovely pictures, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well the city of NYC is just an amazing place with the wide vicinity of beautiful surroundings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger