9/26/12

Capturing Childhood: Kid-In

fashion

 I was happy to discover Kin-In today through an old issue of Scooter. Kid-In is an online magazine that yearns to capture childhood in a realistic, yet magical and artistic way.  It's updated every two weeks with interviews, poetry, fashion, and portraiture. Love everything about it, especially all the straight faced kids. 

Sometimes I worry that a lot of the pictures I take of my kids they lack one thing: a cutesy smile. Are they going to think they were unhappy kids? It's just that they are so serious most of the time.  Unless they are prompted to stop what they are doing and smile for the camera. Making a rocket ship out of a a cardboard box is business to them. So is playing go-fish or browsing through an Oriental Trader catalog.  So when I saw the photos on Kid-In, I was relieved. I don't see sad kids. I see kids acting totally natural and beautiful. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think your kids look too serious! They often look curious, which can be mistaken for seriousness in some shots (when they're really concentrating). But I definitely think that the photos you take capture a beautiful, happy childhood. I picture your kids smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing! I remember a long time ago when you paid big bucks to get the quality of photos you take all of the time now. I know it's tough compititon but you'd be an amazing photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids never look sad to me. They look thoughtful, interested, busy, curious and content. Love your photos! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger