10/29/12

Fred's Team: The Video!



And now for a Q&A about the video/marathon. I interviewed myself.  

Who directed this wonderful video?
The same person who gave us Sarah Mclachlan's commercial for battered animals, of course. Slow motion shots of dogs and cats, with her final plea at the end? Genius! 

About the slow motion shots. A bit much?
I was hoping for the Baywatch effect. Slow motion running always worked for them. I'll try anything at this point. Marathon is this Sunday and I have around $1,500 left to fund raise. Yikes. 

Yeah, it's coming up. Are you ready to run the 26.2 miles? 
Yes, I feel great! Can't wait!

What happens if you don't raise the $3,500 for Fred's Team?
Anything I don't raise gets charged to my credit card. There goes my first paycheck! haha

Why are your running for charity?
My mother died of breast cancer twelve years ago. I was 18 years old. I've been missing her lately and wanted to do something in her honor.  Raising money for cancer research makes me feel like I can play a part in finding a cure. For more details, check out previous posts I've written: Part One and Part Two

Anything else you want to say?
Thank you to all of the people who have already donated. Please consider donating here! If everyone reading this donated $5, I'd reach my goal today!

19 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Glad you are ready and you feel good...you have done the hardest part (apparently!). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! You might have to wear rainboots for the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i just got an email saying to bring plastic bags to tie around my shoes. haha

      Delete
  3. I hope my teeny weeny contribution will help:) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to loose your Mum at such a young age. Sharon, I think you are incredible!

    P.S. I think the slow-mo may have been a little much, but hey, I donated so I say go with what works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the donation!

      haha yeah the slow motion. the real reason? i had about 15 seconds of usable footage. my only choice was to spread it out. the last shot of me (with the final plea!) cracks me up.

      glad to know the slow motion worked it's magic on you though!! ;)

      Delete
  5. I lost my mum when I was 22 so I know how hard it is. Thanks for doing this to honour yours. Just donated. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my contribution was small (too small to be made public *cringe*) but I hope it means something to you. be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww. love this. Thank you so much for your support :)

      Delete
  7. the video worked. :D donated. also, a VERY small contribution...but am hoping others donating a small amount will add up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lau--Yes, every bit helps! Thank you so much for your support :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, Sharon...what a great blog! Would love to know what you think of NewNYers.com, which serves as encouragement and a network for newcomers to the city. We're on Twitter (@newnyers) and on Facebook at NewNewYorkers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon, I think what you're doing is fantastic and you shoul be really proud. I wish I had the guts to do what you're doing! We always do a 5km run in support of Breast cancer in Toronto, but that's nothing compared to a marathon! I'm sorry I couldn't contribute more, but I'm sure you'll reach your goal. A lot can happen in a week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger