11/9/12

Belated Halloween Parade

Remember when I used to post pictures of my kids everyday? It's been so long, that as I was taking photos of them on Wednesday for their belated Halloween Parade, I thought, "Wow! They look so much older!" Their faces have elongated and their limbs have stretched out. I was shocked. I need to force them to be my show horses more often to soften the blow. 
American Apparel sent me the adorable clothes to make into Peanuts costumes. The kids had fun playing Linus, Lucy, and Charlie Brown for the day. To get Oscar's stripes, I used duct tape for a stencil and painted it in with black acrylic paint. Super easy, turned out great. I carelessly drew the stripes on Owen's shirt with a black Sharpie brush tip marker. I'm sure I could have made them look perfect somehow, but does it really matter? :)

Of course Owen forgot to take out his sign and blanket from in his backpack for the parade. He ended looking like the kid who's mom forgot his Halloween costume. I wanted to shout to everyone: I didn't forgot! Honest! He's Linus! You know? From Charlie brown! But no one asked, so I just beamed with pride and took a million pictures of him anyway. Here he is in the middle of spiderman, a ninja, and a yellow somethin somethin. 
Lucy Costume: 
Charlie Brown Costume:
Linus:

Hope you have a great weekend! Will I be seeing you at the Hurricane Sandy Bake Sale? 

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that! The picture of the three of them together is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an amazing gorilla costume and was so excited about my toddler wearing it at her Halloween parade at school. But then she refused! I actually started shoving her into the costume and making her cry, but then soon realized that I was not in the Halloween spirit. I blogged about it here: http://thelazyfair.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-mother-dearest-halloween-costume.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was about the age of your kids, my mother made for my brother and me a costume based on the popular song...One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater. We loved it even though at a couple of house we had to explain it. It is the only costume I remember because it meant so much to me that mom worked so hard on it and it was unlike what all the other kids were wearing. I bet your kids will feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea. My just turned 3 year old has watched The Great Pumpkin at least 30 times this year and can act out specific scenes. I am going to have to show him this posting. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you guys are still allowed to have a halloween parade, it was one of my highlights as a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger