11/21/12

Our First Family Broadway Musical: Elf

Elf the Musical was the perfect introduction to Broadway theatre for my kids. They are familiar and love the story of Buddy. It's set in NYC. It's funny and has a magical ending. Hearing Ella laugh at all the right moments made me proud. Owen spent the first act eating a huge lollipop we got in the lobby. Oscar sat in Rob's lap. Intermission gave me the chance to clean up Owen and buy a bag of M&Ms for the family to share. Owen would have put maple syrup on each candy if he could. He can relate to Buddy more than I'd like to admit. When it ended my kids asked, "Was that the real Santa?" I'm not sure. Maybe! Regardless, I think he was perfectly casted. Hello, Neeewman Santa.
Thanks The Moms for hosting Sierra Mist night on Broadway with ELF! It was great! 
As I type this my kids are literally singing, "It's the Story of Buddy the Elf!" ha
What Broadway play should I take my kids to next? Seen any good ones?

13 comments:

  1. We loved Mary Poppins! My boyfriend's daughter also really liked Phantom, although I have not seen that yet. I think Cinderella is also coming to Broadway soon? So happy to hear you guys had a great time! Elf is one of our favorite Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what cuties!! this sounds really great. we loved mary poppins. it was really entertaining and fast-paced, and toby loved watching the little kid actors, too. personally, i secretly want to see newsies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until Claire is old enough for a play...or to think Elf is funny. I LOVE watching Elf during the Christmas season.
    Glad you guys had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! My friends and I have tickets to the Elf Musical in Seattle - so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if they've seen the wizard of oz, Wicked is a great choice. It's based off the book that tells the whole story from the witches side, it was great and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids love and enjoy very much all the spectacles, but specially theathre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was really entertaining and fast-paced, and toby loved watching the little kid actors, too. personally, i secretly want to see newsies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go see Peter and the Starcatcher-- It's the prequel to peter pan and a children's story at heart but is hilarious for adults too, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are usually very safe with the Disney productions: The Lion King and Mary Poppins! Both are great and very family friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the first time I went to a show and saw my favorite band. I wore their shirt, and sang every word. ranker.com thinks that without music, life would be a mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger