2/5/13

Sprinkle Sundae Cups

Every time I want to duplicate someone's idea, I do it with gusto thanks to this quote by Pablo Picasso: "Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.” That said, I totally copied Katrina's Super Bowl Sundaes last week for my post on Elizabeth Street. I thought I could simplify her steps, make ingredient adjustments, and it would be totally awesome. It wasn't terrible, but you be the judge.

The best thing that came from it was that I discovered a quick trick to make dessert bowls special. I lined all the bowls with regular decorator icing and then poured in sprinkles. All the sprinkles stayed on like glue. It was beautiful and playful and so easy. I would love to make it ahead for an ice cream social. Wouldn't a bunch of these bowls be so pretty lined up for a party? I should have stopped at this step!


Buy these mini latte bowls from Anthropologie or Paris ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Pretty yes but practical no way! Oh well, what's so fun about being practical anyways. Keeping posting. I love your blog and your kids are gorgeous. Have a sprinkley day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is perfect! Is it SOOC? ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! i cropped it and brightened it a bit using Picasa. One of these days I'll learn photoshop ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger