7/30/13

Bathing Suits


Ever since I saw myself in the bathing suit from the cruise, I swore I would avoid black bathing suits for awhile. It's so obvious I bought it to look slimmer. But really. How is a bathing suit going to make me look skinny? That's asking a bit much. My quest now isn't to look 15 pounds lighter, but to have the appearance of bigger boobs. Adding instead of taking aways seems like a more realistic goal. This green suit I recently bought is cute, but didn't do the trick. I'm hoping this bathing suit from J.Crew (on sale for $26) will make it happen. I'm so proud how far I've come in the boob department.

I was a gymnast and spring board diver in my teen years. Boobs don't go well with those sports, so I tried everything to prevent them from developing. I remember watching Now & Then and feeling like kindred spirits with Christina Ricci's character as she duct tapes her boobs down flat.

And I'll never forget the moment I was reaching across my chest for a pencil in the junk draw in my kitchen and feeling the beginnings of boobs. I was around 10 or 11. Not helping matters was my mom's diagnosis with breast cancer around that time. I left the pencil in the junk drawer and walked over to the couch and sat for five minutes, just starring at the wall. I felt like my life as a kid was over. I was worried the next morning I would wake up and look like a fully developed woman.

It didn't happen. The process was much slower, but that didn't stop me from wearing the tightest sports bras under my clothes until I was in college. I associated boobs with fat and growing old. It wasn't until I met my husband Rob that I finally became comfortable with my body and ditched the sports bras. Before him, I hated my boobs. But look at me now! Buying swimsuits with one thing in mind: Bring on the boobies.
Pictures from the pool on our short trip to the St. Regis in Punta Mita, Mexico

Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I love love love the green swimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post, and adore your candor. I thought I was the only pre-teen who wanted time to stop. I was so against boobs I used to slide my bra out of my shirt sleeve in the back of class and shove it in my backpack everyday. I was in total denial of my body changes and wanted to ignore them. I was like a Judy Blume character. Now my lingerie drawer is so stacked with padding I could probably set it adrift at sea and it would bob to the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is off topic, but I've been reminded of it every time I visit your site.

    Did you ever write about why you quit your day job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new suit! Get one from Victoria's Secret, they specialize in boobs if you want to look bigger, hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear

      Delete
  5. love that bathing suit. Bring on the boobies, ah!! So great! I used to hide my burgeoning boobs too but only because my elder sister was really jealous that I was getting them. She used to fight me constantly and elbow my boobs with great pleasure-sooo painful! ah girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which begs the question, did you breast feed?! ;) Unlike yourself, I was one of the girls doing the arm pumps and chanting, "I must, I must, I must increase my bust!" And it did happen! I'm pretty well-stacked, actually. Ha!

    I'm also curious to hear the story of why you quit your day job. Write the post. WRITE IT, SHARON! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too - it's also a hard ask from a swimsuit, especially since it's sooooo much more obvious when swimsuits are padded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my friend, you make me laugh out loud! xo

    ps - you look great in that suit up there by the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with victoria's secret! (i have a padded tankini)... helps me to feel confident & comfortable at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golden chance to get blitz brigade hack tool through this website which have lots of free stuffs for blitz brigade hack at zero cost.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger