9/19/13

Mom Can't Stop. And She Won't Stop. She Likes to Party.


Last May, my family spent an afternoon filming each other dancing. It was probably a rainy day and we didn't have much else to do. While the shots of the kids and Rob turned out amazing as expected, it was my appearance, that upon reflection, is the highlight. I'm dancing in my bath robe to none other than Miley Cyrus. While our dance party was made before Miley's trasformation into the pop goddess she's known as today, I feel like I was onto something. Prophetic almost. A month later, Miley revealed to the world that she's actually an unconventional and wild house party gal. I love what she's done with herself.

Watch my video. Tell me I wouldn't have made an awesome background dancer in We Can't Stop. I would say Wrecking Ball, but she decided to go solo on that one. I respect that. I just feel that even though I'm 31, have three kids, and I'm a stay-at-home mom, Miley and I aren't so different after all. We like to party. And we can't stop. And we won't stop. We run things. Things don't run we.

 
Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. someone needs to make this a meme and insert you in your bathroom into various videos doing backup dancing. Love it!
    See you tonight btw. XOX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You are giving me some great smiles lately - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - love your writing..AND your dancing. Hilariously on point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you attributed your recently funny posts to collaborative efforts with your hubby, but I know you are flying solo this week and this post was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha hilarious. i love this & you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep dancing lady! it's a great way to keep these youngins' feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock my world. Seriously. Thank you for keeping it real in the blogosphere.

    www.nomadicd.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES awesome moves!
    I often feel like pop songs can be improved with my dance moves, for me its particularly boybands, One Direction,Justin Bieber etc. feel like they need my help and I'm glad to see you helping young Miley here
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous video!! And you're totally rocking the dance moves lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is why I like you! Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so awesome! This made me smile and laugh and I've had a crappy two days so it means a lot to me. Reminded me not to take things too seriously. THANK YOU, dance on mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger