10/2/13

Ugh. But at least . . .

Ugh. I'm feeling lousy. I think I might have the flu. But it's probably a regular cold with flu symptoms. Never can really tell. But at least Bansky's using NYC as his canvas for the month of October. That's good news. The audio on his website is pretty funny. I'm depending on Banksy himself to keep me updated so maybe I can see one before it's painted over.
throwing up flowers. omg such a pretty party theme idea!  
And at least Louie C.K. cured me of my cellphone addiction with his brilliant bit. Just what I needed to put my phone down and experience that forever empty feeling. Yes.

And finally, at least I've got a great lipstick for fall. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire and Ice is the perfect mix of red, pink, and orange. It's the exact color of my dress, everything J.Crew is selling this year, and my boys ties. Matching everything in my life gives it meaning.
this is my eyes shut version of this picture. here's one with them open
So there it is. 3 things to make me realize everything is coming up roses. And not the throw-up kind. The kind I put in a vase and take million pictures of and forget to change the water out so they wilt and die in 2 days. That kind. Life is good.

(banksy image credit)
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. louis ck and perfect lipstick can make everything seem better, right? and yeah, i need that madewell dress. could be worn so many ways all year long. very good cost per wear dress.

    oh and my baby has the baby cold, this kid has got to learn to blow his nose: http://semiweeklyeats.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-baby-cold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that clip has a lot of truth in it! Thanks for posting it. Hope you're feeling less lousy.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I love Banksy's work, hope you get to see them, they tend to be worth quite a lot so hopefully they won't be painted over too soon! I saw a bunch of his pieces last month in Palestine
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/yarnbombing-in-west-bank-palestine.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a beautiful post, thanks for sharing! I hope you had a chance to visit other cities in Palestine!

      Delete
  4. Sharon you look great! Love that dress so much and such a great price! So I just made my first purchase from Madewell. Sure not to be my last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome!! it's great. i wish i would have bought more.

      Delete
  5. But I thought Mormons couldn't wear sleeveless...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, you look great AND you are a great person. With sleeves or without......:)

      Delete
  6. Rude to tell people about their religion. What is the point of saying that? Are you trying to bust her? And furthermore, why are you concerned that she isn't wearing sleeves? Also what's with the "....?" thing at the end of your sentence? Am I supposed to assume that you are continuing to wonder about her sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is one of my favorite comments of all time. i'm revisiting a month later because i like it so much.

      Delete
  7. I just want say something about the flu. A lot of people use that word, but if you have it, YOU WILL KNOW IT. You will not think you have a cold. If, God forbid, you ever have the flu, you will remember it the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banksy reminds me of 15 yr old that hates things just to be contrary. He also stole the stencil thing from Blek le Rat and I don't know why more people don't know that/choose to ignore that/don't care. Also pretty arrogant just to walk up to someone's place and spray paint some teen-agnsty obsure symbolic stencil and think we are supposed to swoon. Or call him a genius. What about those people that don't want his work on their property?
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the video. Thank you for sharing. I could never get away with wearing that color -- you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger