4/29/14

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND. THIS IS INSAINity. SANDALS! SANDALS! SANDALS!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL But really.

OMG I need sandals. NOW or I will die. But they have to:
1. Be completely black so I can forget how NY streets are filled with piss and dust.
2. They need to have a back strap. I don't want to be flopping around the city like some wild lady.
3. I recently got a pedometer app on my phone. Over the last 7 days I've walked close to 150 miles. I need shoes that will support me and will take me up to 200 miles. 300 even.
4. They need to be flat. See above.
5. They can't cost $400 even if they are perfect.

Here's my top 9 semi-affordable shoes shown in beautiful HD 3D imax technicolor.

#9 is for all you BFGs out there. 

1. $125 // Hunter makes waterproof sandals. News to me. Tempting. Worried about the comfort though. I have hunter rain boots. They are the worst. 
2. $160 // These Camper sandals have a slight heal (boo), but I think they would still be comfortable and last. Concerned I would look too granny. I think I would need pink hair and tattoos to balance these shoes out. My look is a little too conservative housewife for these. 
3. $100 // Basic and comfortable and cool I guess. 
4. $100 // See #3 (aka too lazy to think of something)
5. $150 // See #4
6. $130 // See #4 
7. $90 // Very tempted by these Birkenstocks. Like the thinner straps. The tan footbed grosses me out, but I don't think any of the shoes I found will be as comfortable. Good price tag. 
8. $188 // Love these Frye sandals. I know they would last a million years. Steep Price tag. 
9. $198 // Cole Haan is a trusted brand in my house. I find good sales here. Plus they are always comfortable and durable. Love the back zipper. But the precious ankle straps scare me slightly.  

This post was certainly worth staying up to 1am to finish. It got to the point that I couldn't sleep knowing I was withholding this very important information. It's been haunting me for weeks. I feel much better now.  

Follow on Bloglovin

38 comments:

  1. LOL. I love you, Sharon. Sandals are so important. I can't really support the Birkenstocks though. I'm in serious need of flat sandals in multiple colors myself. I do live in No. Cal. for heavens sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back! I had missed your posts. Hope all is well in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been? Welcome back:)
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband works in a hospital and therefore gets to wear super comfy birkenstocks at work with no judgement which makes me jealous because I really want to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant!!! I started to follow your posts
    We should add an embroidery to these sandals. Embroidery love - parwa!
    http://www.parwaec.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like 7 is going to be your comfiest choice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kind of in love with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go with 7! No one else will really notice the tan footbed except for you, and it doesn't really show dirt. They will probably last longer than the others. Or get the two cheapest options and rotate out to prevent blisters.My feet always make me cry in the summer after a sandal day when I wash all the grime off them. Oh, city living (London, in this case).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly the reason why I hate shoe shopping. I love shopping, just not for shoes and no one understands why. It's because I have high standards for what I want out of a shoe and I can never find exactly what I want. I love #8 and #6 is kind of like a cheaper version of 8, so I'd go with that. Although, #7 may be the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Birkenstocks are ADORABLE and I know they are super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go with #8! They are the best looking and most versatile. Plus, a reputable brand that you know won't give out on your on those 300 mile weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I think of walking around NYC in the summer, the Birkenstocks are the ones that I would pick. For what it's worth, I don't think the Campers skew grandma, and Campers are usually super-comfy, even with a small heel like those. I like #3 and they look cushiony but wonder about the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see how this topic would haunt you. Sandals. Sounds scary. But truly, I'm in a similar boat, in that I'm about to backpack Europe with my husband and will be walking a lot and need good sandals. I heard Clarks are good, but I didn't see any I love. I think my favorite picks of yours are the birks or #9, but that could just be because of the BFG reference. (I grew to my current height, about 5'7", in 6th grade and always felt like a real life BFG.) If you end up getting any that you, let us know! Like I said, I'm still looking...
    -Lynn-Holly from ThreeSistersAttic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd go birkenstocks. as of last summer, they're all the rage again (http://www.whowhatwear.com/birkenstocks). these keens are pretty dang comfy too: http://www.zappos.com/keen-emerald-city-3-point-black

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the urgency of this post! I felt compelled to comment about a pair of Rockports I own. No, I am not 70! I'm actually 36. Live in NYC/uws and have two small children. I walk the same crazy milage as you and often am pushing a double stroller. Im fairly fashionable and never thought i would be buying "comfort" shoes, but i finally gave up wearing flimsy shoes during the day b/c i just couldn't do it anymore. I have berks, cole haan, fryes etc. But the Trujoris collection from rockport are amazing. I have two pairs of the T strap slings. They are made with adidas technology or something. Agreed they aren't incredibly stylish. But they are really affordable and seriously made for walking. First day i got mine I walked 4 miles. No blisters. Look them up! They are at least good as a back up! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Fryes but have been burned before with a pair of black gladiator sandals which had zippers on the back. The fatal flaw? The zipper unzips while walking. Seriously annoying. Not sure if that's a design flaw in general or just from that particular sandal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you ever tried chacos? (http://www.zappos.com/chaco-z-1-vibram-yampa-black~1) If you truly want comfortable, supportive, long-lasting and affordable, these are your answer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I live in Toronto which is also a walking city. I have always worn BIrks... that pair but without the back strap. I will never wear anything else. And now they are all the fashion rage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love my birkenstocks, they are more comfortable than being barefoot.http://www.lyst.com/shoes/birkenstock-kairo-birkoflor-sandal-women-black-patent/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gotta go with the birkenstocks - they'll last forever just like the fryes. Also - so glad to hear someone else thinks Hunter's are the most uncomfortable shoes ever made. the worst is right!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Go mariah carey and buy all those bitches NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL OMGGGLOLOMG JKJKJK
    margaret

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have to get the Birkenstocks, Sharon. You have to. After you wear them a bit, the footbed turns dark brown, almost black. You will love them more than any other shoe you've ever owned and then you'll want truly ugly Birkenstock shoes or clogs when summer is over. It will happen. They are that good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have lived in NYC for a looooooooooooooong time, wear Birkenstocks all the time (own 30-plus pairs) and the fashion police has not stopped me even once.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your website is very interesting and nice, I was very impressed with you. The website that you manage a lot of visitors.Your health may give always. obat tipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger