2/15/11

that i'm safe


Before I moved to the city, I seriously thought I would need a backpack that was dagger proof because it was going to be so dangerous. I don't know where I thought I was moving but it sure isn't the place I live now. Here's a picture I took on my way home from book club tonight. I was walking alone around 10pm. I would obviously prefer to have someone with me, but when I can't, I'm ok. But really I'm never alone. Three other people are always out walking their dog or coming home from work. And at least in my part of the city, they are usually old and boring. Despite feeling safe, I did walk super fast on my way home. I can't help but be a little cautious.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the other people around is key. I felt this way on the streets late at night in Spain too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger