4/5/11

about Mister Softee

Warm weather prompted a nature walk in Chelsea. Soft served vanilla ice cream sold out of a truck.  The boys listened to the subway rumble under the grates and saw a lot of cigarette butts. They adored the flowers for sale in shops and asked me to bring some home for dad. It was a good idea that I completely ignored. No leaves on the trees yet.  We passed some of the best dressed people and a lot of normal people too. When we were finished, I felt like I had walked in the pages of Ezra Jack Keats Neighborhood.

6 comments:

  1. Are you use to the buzz of NYC yet? D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to walk on all the grates in NYC. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What buzz? I missed out on "the buzz" when I was there:)~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boys are stylin! Sounds like a really fun walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe too much snow at the time you were their Christine. D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever gets your kids' hand-me-downs is gonna be luuuuuuucky. Cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger