7/21/11

Non-Mommy Bloggers Unite

via

I know, I get it. I'm a mommy blogger. My posts are rarely about anything else besides my kids, motherhood, and Owen. Whatever he is. :)  But that doesn't mean I only read mommy bloggers. Actually, lately I've been reading a lot of blogs written by women leading very different lives than me. Here's three of my favorites. Since all of them live in NYC, I would love to have a dinner party together. Shall we?

I'll start with Juliaipsa mainly because I want her poodle photo to be on the top of my blog for as long as possible.  I adore everything in it: the dog, the balloons, the lei, the lighting, the colors.  I might even love it more than my swan photo. She commented on my blog yesterday morning and when I clicked through to see her blog, I was wowed. Juliaipsa has it all: a clean and minimal layout, great photos, and thoughtful posts. Her story is really great. Check it out.  

And next...
via
Next is The Julie Blog.  Her blog is lovable, focused, and funny (she named her pink bike Kate Middleton). She shows me how to dress cute while RIDING A BIKE through the city. Now--Do I own a bike? No. Do I even particularly like riding a bike? No, I'm a chicken. What she's doing is completely out of my scope. But she makes it look so adorable that I'm actually tempted to try it! Possibly even with my three minions in something like this. A visit to her blog will inspire and make you smile.

And finally . . .
via

I'll end with one of my new favorites: Rebecca from The Daily Muse. We met up for the first time at the park yesterday.  You know what she's amazing at? Her ability to start a good conversation.  We chatted about blogs, careers, and our pasts.  Looking back, perhaps I talked too much. But her questions were so engaging! This skill translates to her blog. She's a master at writing good questions that spark discussions. And naturally, the comments come pouring in! Tons. Check out this post. She got 43! I'm so jealous. She needs to teach a class. Go visit her site and join in on the discussion.

Hope you found some new favorites! Who are some of your favorite non-mommy bloggers? I'd love to hear!

24 comments:

  1. I love Rebecca's blog...thanks for the introduction to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I'm a "non-mommy," but I still read "mommy blogs." It stared because I design children's products for a living, but I also really enjoy reading about different lifestyles. Jenna of Sweetfineday has been writing some really insightful posts recently that really get me thinking about my choices for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a mom but I love your blog! Your kids are the cutest, and I really enjoy the view of NYC through your eyes. NYC is my favorite spot in the country and you've given me some great ideas of things to do on my next trip there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just found your blog and love it! One that you might already know about that I check every day is Reagan's "blob" - she's a mommy but her blog is more about her daily life and her adorable daughter Piper who has to live in a hospital. www.reagansblob.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize I recommended a mommy blog when you specifically asked for favorite non-mommy blogs, so a new favorite of mine is Smith & Ratliff. They're a couple living in NYC doing all kinds of delicious things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My new favorite non-mommy blog is Kaitlyn's Kreations:) She is a 7 year old who dreams of being a fashion designer someday:) She has an amazing sense of fashion:)Go check out her new kreations!:)
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the recommendations. i'm always on the hunt for new and inspiring daily reads. although this nyc obsession of mine needs to stop! maybe someday i'll live with all you cool people.... until then, wahoo for moving to the usa/mexican border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet! I hope we can all get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the intros to Rebecca and Julie's blogs. This virtual network is really something grand. Your flattery is too much, but thank you for your kind words. I will confess that I just about died when I saw the poodle come through my reader tonight on your blog's feed. It's the laugh that I needed at the end of this bodaciously hot city day. Looking forward to the day that we all meet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a mommy, but I love NYC and I love your blog! I get to work with a lot of you NYC mom and there truly is something inspiring about a woman who can raise her kids in such a crazy, yet amazing city. Bravo and you have a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I spotted your adorable family swimming at Treman Park today. I wanted to say hi and tell you I'm a big fan of your blog, but I also didn't want to intrude. It was my first blogger sighting ever. Very exciting for someone who lives in the middle of nowhere. :)

    Hope you all enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are such great recommendations! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the NYC mommy blog. I have a secret fascination with living in NYC and with kids! Love it.

    BTW, your blog is the first one I go to on my bloglines... Just saying.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a mommy, but I love reading your blog. I don't consider it a "mommy blog" so much as just a blog by a witty and real woman who happens to have three kids. I love seeing what you do with them in NYC and always take mental notes so I can show my niece the same fun time when she comes to visit me. Thank you for the other blog recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rebecca: Your welcome :)

    Emily: Thanks for the heads up on Sweet Fine Day. Good one! I added it to my reader. And I adore the look of Smith and Ratliff. The layout and pictures are stunning. Good find. thanks!

    Maribeth: Thanks for reading!

    Allison: Yes--I like reading Reagan's blob too. Her story is great.

    Christine: Yes--she's one of the best :)

    Kayla: Good idea--Move here asap! ha

    Julia and Julie: soon!

    Nikki: Thanks for being a fan! love it.

    Liz: ur welcome :)

    Lisa: thanks for reading me (first!)

    Ava: yeah, that's true. i think it's because i've over the breast feeding/diaper changing/baby stage that can consume some mommy bloggers. also, i hope that's true because i've been wondering what i'm going to write about when my kids start school in the fall. yikes. i'll think of something. thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love, love, love non-mommy blogger veryheatherly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a non-mommy blogger!

    www.vic-a-toria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so incredibly refreshing to find a mommy blogger who is a) self-aware and kindly self-deprecating while still owning their mommyhood and b) a fan of bloggers who are not mommys.

    This is a really unique and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I'm a Mommy that reads Non-Mommy blogs ALL the time too. Actually, I only follow a few Mommy blogs... but now I'll definitely be following yours. I love it... Your writing is so refreshing.

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post! I live in Jersey City and work in Manhattan. I love blogs about lovely ladies who live in NYC and have been looking for a post just like this! I don't have any kiddos yet, but still love your blog as well and happily follow along! Glad I went through some archives to find this treasure :)

    Abbe
    thiswebberlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice content! The writing process enables concepts become more understandable to readers. It is further broken down as: pre-writing, writing, reviewing, revising and editing.books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger