7/25/11

What a weekend!


My entire weekend was spent falling in love with Ithaca, NY. I'm so jealous of this reader who actually gets to "live in the middle of nowhere" as she puts it. So lucky! I was happily surprised when I got her comment that she saw me at the Treman State Park on Friday. What are the chances of that?

She wrote that she didn't want to intrude so she decided not to say hi. I completely understand her reasoning, but I would have loved to have met her! But since she didn't, I realllly hope she saw me at my best/normal moments, like putting sunscreen on all my kids or playing with them in the water or feeding them a snack. But what if she didn't?
What if she saw my horribly embarrassing dive? The one where I looked like an out of control upside down frog. Or worse, what if she saw how I started taking myself too seriously and practiced until I got it right? Pointing my toes, arms extended straight. Again and again as if Bela Karolyi suddenly entered the park and started coaching me. And the real kicker was when I shamelessly asked Uncle Nick to take a picture to validate my abilities. How insecure must I look sometimes? ha


Or what if she saw when I was forcing Oscar to pose for a picture (above)? He was so whiny and saying things like, "Aww, mom. I just want to go swimming. Come on mom, lets go!". And then finally he walked away in disgust. That too wasn't me at my best. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting.

Who knows what she saw, but if any day I would have wanted someone to see me, it was Friday. It was one of my favorite days I've had in awhile. I don't think I yelled at my kids or Rob once, even in my head! I'm just glad no one saw my family in Boston. Or did they? Yikes. I don't want to know.

Since moving out to NYC, I'm always on the look out for one of my favorite bloggers: the Sartorialist. I hope to run into him someday and observe how he works.

What about you? Have you ever seen someone you only knew through their blog? Did you say hi?

10 comments:

  1. You crack me up. It reminds me of when we were kids and we would do hand-stands in the pool and be so excited for mom's reaction to how awesome it looked. hahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I was so excited as I read that you went to Ithica. Who would have even thought I'd recognize that small town name?...My nephew is serving his mission in that city right now. :)...not to mention that is where Andy's girlfriend, Nora, is from too.
    So fun!...and I am totally and completely jealous that you got to go to such a fun place. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I didn't see you diving, but I wish I had! Mostly I saw you walking around with your camera, taking pictures. :) And I did notice that you all seemed really happy and relaxed.

    And I suppose I can't really complain about living in the middle of nowhere, since as of next week I'm moving to DC. It's been an interesting two years here, and some parts (like summer!) I will definitely look back on fondly. (Winter?...not so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like SO much fun! & at least you were brave enough to jump off the diving board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, your blog is amazing. Truly inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee. This is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeannine: haha I know right. i haven't changed much.

    Karen: I didn't know Nora was from Ithaca. Another reason to like her!

    DiaryofWhy: Good luck on your move!!

    Rebecca: I was brave enough to jump off the board, but not the rock. Another embarrassing tale to tell haha

    Sherri: Thank you!

    Andrea: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a couple I knew only from their blog last year at the Renegade Craft Fair. I can be shy in real life, but I worked up the courage and said hello (my friend I was with thought I was nutso for even recognizing anyone from a blog!). It helped that we had corresponded online before, so I had a feeling they would know who I was too (they did once I introduced myself). I think it's great to say hello! I hope I made those bloggers feel like celebrities for at least the rest of the day.

    ps-Ithaca looks amazing. My brother went to college there, but I never really got a chance to see much on my quick visits. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes- you don't know me. I am an illustrator/designer and looking through a ton of blogs, i found you. and for some reason it is so fun reading about your daily adventures. thank you for the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger