9/1/11

Hula Hooping in the The Lower East Side


Over the last few months, I've gotten a crash course in blogging. Here's something I never knew was happening: Companies host parties to promote their products and who's on the guest list? Bloggers! I'm sure this type of marketing compaign has been going on forever, but I hadn't a clue. On Wednesday, I was invited to an event hosted by GoGo Squeez. Since I haven't monotized my blog yet, I decided to go and get paid in party favors, hamburgers and apple sauce!


I loved the location they had the party.  The landowner turned his vacant/garbage filled Lower East Side lot into what's known as the Timeshare Backyard. Anyone can rent the yard by the hour. It's the perfect mix of urban and suburbia! Love it. Such a good find.


It's the last week until school starts! We're gogo squeezing in all the summer fun we can.  They told me to say that. Ha, just kidding. That's all me. The end is really near though. It feels like just yesterday I was writing this post.

14 comments:

  1. Wait. Hi. I love your blog. And I love that it's not monetized.

    I'd probably love it anyway. But still.

    Good luck in the publishing world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your comment about getting paid in hamburgers made me laugh! Great photos by the way = )

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I hope you guys enjoy your last few days of summer! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of that graffiti is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, I'm such a fan of your blog. I'm not a mother (yet) but you really are a big inspiration to me for when I am! I truly love your outlook and the beautiful pictures of your amazing kids. I forget how I stumbled onto you blog- maybe a cup of joe? I'm so glad I have. You've quickly become my fav. Your post on how you started your blog 6 months ago really spoke to me bc I've been wanting to do that forever. I just really have to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like the right spot for any par-tay:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That graffiti is so good! I appreciate your commitment to American Apparel. I want to get something in that lilac splatter print too. I think too much like a 6yr old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those top pictures are really cool. It looks like she's wearing a wig!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love Ella's outfit here. I am so with you - i don't get paid for my blog but my arms are always WIDE open to freebies and a chance to mix with other bloggers! Btw congrats on the internship - that sounds fabulous, I'd love to do something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are beautiful.
    Awesome that you were invited to the party! :D

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger