9/21/11

Perks of an Intern: Me and my kids get on Invite Lists


So I don't have a paid internship. But that doesn't mean I don't get a few perks! My boss Rebecca takes good care of me by getting me into the coolest events. On Tuesday we all went an event where Elmo preformed with Randy Jackson. I have to say, I was really impressed with the live performance. Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, is so funny! He kept Randy Jackson on his toes. I was really laughing!

After the show was over, Kevin Clash popped out from behind the curtain and walked out to the crowd holding Elmo. Owen was super excited to get a real Elmo kiss. MMwaahhh!


As always, they gave a gift bag for all the people who attended the event. I'm getting quite the collection! In the bag was a bunch of Sesame Street toys. My favorite was the classic Ernie doll.  I loved watching Owen turn the doll into a puppet. Forcing it to open and shut it's mouth. Making it say funny things. Perhaps he'll follow in Kevin Clash's footsteps and be the next great puppeteer! Or he could just be a kid playing with a doll.  We'll see.


And guess what else? Rebecca gave me orchestra level tickets to see Phantom of Opera! I've never been. I can't wait to see it!



12 comments:

  1. What fun! It's nice that you're getting some perks that are also especially perky for your kid-folk. I kinda want that Ernie doll. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fantastic! what a great experience! and what a great way to get paid :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is that?? Getting tix to great events like these are definitely some great perks! Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't take this as a harsh criticism, because it is not meant to be. I enjoy reading about your adventures navigating the city with young children. BUT, since you are looking for a job in publishing,you should proof your posts for grammar and punctuation errors. Now calm down, friends of Sharon, I'm not trying to humiliate or embarrass her. I've shared this blog with only 2 other bloggers who both said the same thing. You never know who will read your blog, and if you link it on your resume, you want prospective employers to feel confident you have command of the necessary skills. This is coming from a place of kindness, people. Good luck! I think you've done a terrific job introducing your kids to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: your totally write. Hahaha

    But seriuosly--I sometime reread mY posts and think I must look like such an idiot! I need to work on editing. . "me and my kids" is sloppy writing. I like to keep my blog casual and sometimes I make errors like that to sound conversational. I'll make sure to have my husband glance over the posts. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shoot even after I poked fun by spelling "your" and "write" wrong--- I STILL made stupid errors. I'm hopeless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read your blog Sharon, you write such a fun blog and I feel its different that many other blog that I read. Thats the reason I check your blog every day ;)

    Gyda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to adore Phantom! The drama! The music! The lights! So nice of Rebecca to hook you up with the tickets :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Phantom of the Opera is an amazing show, like Jodi said! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elmo is a great entertainer, we have a pic of him with my husband in Times Square, (a very big Elmo). Have a lovely time at the Opera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i should probably get an internship at the same place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kevin Clash is amazing. I saw his perform Elmo at a Good Morning America event I was working, I couldn't believe he was the voice! It's also funny you mention that Ernie doll- I remember finding one exactly like that on the streets of Manhattan 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger