2/15/12

Julianne Moore Hates Her Freckles


Last weekend, The Moms invited Ella and me to see Strawberry Freckleface the Musical. And guess who showed for questions when it was over? None other than Julianne Moore! Her book Freckleface Strawberry was the inspiration for the musical. Have you read it?

While answering questions, Julianne was absolutely genuine, friendly, and STUNNING.  She admitted that she still hates her freckles, but has a "you get what you get and you don't have a fit" attitude about the whole thing. I've had to do the same with the gap in my front teeth.  And my nose. And that patch of insainly frizzy hair in the back of head. And the scary stretch marks on my belly from the boys (they were over  6 pounds each!). I have four to Julianne's one, but who's counting? Ha. Do you have something about your looks that you hate, but have gotten over? It's hard to imagine that someone as beautiful as Julianne Moore finds physical things that she doesn't like about herself. I guess we all struggle with it.


More About the Q&A: I stopped Ella in her tracks when I saw her headed to the stage to ask Julianne a question. "Wait," I asked, "What are you going to ask her?" Elle responded confidently, "I'm going to ask her how she got freckles." Seemed reasonable enough, so I let her get inline.

When it came time for Ella to ask her question on stage, my friend Rebecca and her family joined Ella. They all took turns asking questions. Julianne laughed at Ella's question and gave a very kid friendly, yet, scientific answer about the melanocortin-1 receptor MC1R gene variant or something like that. I loved her answer! I only wish I would have recorded it! Bummer. Oh well. Next time. If there's one thing I've learned about living in NYC, there's always a next time. Once in a life time experiences don't really exist here. Oh I can sound like such an elitist sometimes. But it's true! NYC is the best.


Thanks to The Moms for inviting us! And FYI: my friend Rebecca Martin (seen above) is looking for interns to help with the upcoming NY Baby Show! You can get some great event planning exsperience. Email her for details.

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog! While reading your blog, I feel as though I am having my morning coffee with a friend. Your honesty is so refreshing, and appreciated! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a gap in my front teeth too! I asked my Mum to take me to the dentist to have it corrected and she said "No, it's good luck!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Julianne Moore! you are so lucky! http://www.tooodayi.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you know of any other event planning internship/experience please share it! I hope to go into the field of event planning and an internship of any sort would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to self. NEVER have picture taken next to Julianne Moore again. I swear her skin looked like she was a dewy 12 year old. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! I love Julianne Moore. I've actually been told by the producer of an independent film I did a few months ago that on camera, I come across as a young JM. But, I love my freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading this, thanks , vera

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have ALWAYS hated my freckles AND red hair. It was awful growing up with them and being teased. But everyone gets teased about something. Just to make you feel better, my sister's twins were each over 7 lbs! She really needs a tummy tuck...not to get skinny, just to cut the excess skin off.

    What awesome experiences you and your family are having! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone who has freckles like them? I've always hated my own because when I imagine myself in my head I don't imagine the freckles but when I look in the mirror they incessantly are there. My mom always said "a face without freckles is like a sky without starts"...I will always disagree but like Julianne I've gotten over them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I told K that all of her freckles were Angel Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Freckleface Strawberry & the musical has Ella's red headed girl cousin written all over it:) Remember when Ella introduced K to her Kindergarten Teacher? She said, "This is my red headed cousin,K!" I thought that was the cutest introduction ever:) K would LOVE to meet more red headed freckle faces out there in the world!:) I have to say...I just love red hair:) I am tempted to dye my hair one of these days to red!:) We'll see:) It sounds like you all had a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fine to be an elitist about NYC. Anyone who says differently about your city is just jealous. I know I am. =) Looked like a fun & awesome day!
    www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger