9/10/12

Ella Does A Hair Tutorial: Maude Braids


I was giggling when I saw these pictures on Cup of Jo this morning.  Shoeless, toothless, goofy Ella. I have to admit, while the photo shoot was happening, the stage mom in me worried that Ella's poses weren't exactly modelesque. I was about to say something (Ella! Stand Still!), but she was cracking everyone up with her dance moves and leg lifts.  Joanna, photographer Alpha, stylist Kendra, and hairdresser Reagan were so cool to let Ella do whatever she wanted. It made for a fun morning.
And now, seeing how it all came together, I'm so glad I stayed out of it. This hairstyle, afterall, reminds me of free spirit Maude from my favorite movie. Ella with Maude braids seems like the perfect match. Don't you think?
  

Biggest mistake of the day was that I forgot to watch how hair stylist Reagan did it! I still have the ribbon she used but I've been waiting for the hair tutorial to post.  Now that I have the instructions, I'll have to test it out. It seems simple enough. 

Keep reading for behind the scene iPhone pictures. Enjoy!



Itchy nose outtake! 

21 comments:

  1. sooooo cute. Her grin, the brades, her knee socks and cape. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I also love the striped dress you're wearing - where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! Love it. all of the silly pictures came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling! And so great to meet you at Alt. I hope our paths cross again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie! Hahahhahahaha! Loved the kickboxing move in one of the photos. Very cool. And love the hair. Very much actually! Although Isabella's hair is curly, it could work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is such a cutie! Love that the pictures captured her spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a bright new future coming for Ella and it is your fault:)
    She looks adorable and such an entertainer !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't love these photos any more than I do. They're fabulous. Ella is such a natural! And what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute photo shoot! Dude, that movie totally creeps me out. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is soooooo cute!Lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    We're a startup company selling pre-owned Rolex watches in downtown Los Angeles and we're looking for some more exposure for our site Swiss-Wrist.com. I thought your readers on nyctaughtme.com were perfectly in line with the kind of customers we're looking to target.

    Would you be open to doing a sponsored blogpost, something like this:
    http://binwallaradio.com/show/2012/03/16/pro-hunter-rolex-watches/
    or this:
    http://www.youtips.net/tips/tips-on-how-to-market-your-rolex-watch/

    We can pay you $15 for the post and we would write the whole thing and also provide a picture for you to post.

    Is this something you'd be open to?

    Regards,

    Vanessa R
    swisswrist@acuramail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic This really is one of the best websites I've ever browsed on this subject.Send Gifts To Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ella Does A Hair Tutorial: Maude Braids Great Post I like so much & Pictures are awesome!
    Gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  15. couldn't love these photos any more than I do. They're fabulous. Ella is such a natural! And what a cutie!

    Send Gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger