11/30/12

Fried Eggplant with Chocolate

Despite my own grandparents being from Italy, I've never heard of Melanzane al Cioccolato (Chocolate Eggplant) until I stumbled upon this original recipe by Italian chef Massimiliano Alajmo on Elizabeth Street. I guess it's common for Italians to use fried eggplant in desserts and top it will chocolate, ricotta, candied oranges, sugar, cinnamon, and/or sea salt.  With such an unfamiliar flavor combination, I had to test it out. It was amazing. Click here to read about my experience and the the minor changes I made to Alajmo's recipe.

Chocolate, flour, sea salt, olive oil, and eggplant.  The simple ingredients in this recipe couldn't be more tempting. Trust me on the eggplant. Someday I might be brave enough to make this sophisticated version Melanzane al Cioccolato.

6 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to try that but it doesn't sound pretty amazing. I'll have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. a favorite tapa of mine in spain was breaded/fried eggplant with goat cheese and honey on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been living in Italy for over a decade and have never even heard of this! But I can imagine it being really tasty. I'll have to ask my Italian friends if they've ever had it and where the recipe is from. I'll give the recipe a try for an upcoming xmas dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Distributor plat besi hitam
    Distributor plat besi hitam
    undangan pernikahan bentuk tas
    Distributor plat kapal besi baja
    Agen besi beton interworld steel is
    undangan pernikahan modern
    Toko Plat Bordes Kembang
    <a href="http://ironsteelcenter.com/pipa-besi-hitam-medium-sch-schedule-40-80-a53-seamless-welded-wiremesh-wermesh-cakar-ayam-m4-m5-m6-m7-m8-m9-m10-m11-m12-ss400-a36-stainless-stenliss-stainlis-stainles-stenlis-al

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger