2/27/13

Upper West Side Restaurants: Cafe Fiorello

I've only been to Cafe Fiorello's twice, but each time I've ordered this gluttonous chocolate mousse dessert. Here's how it works: The server brings out two large silver buckets, one filled with whipped cream and the other is filled chocolate mousse, and dumps it all onto your plate with a large spoon. The presentation couldn't be sloppier. It's not much to look at, but I love it. One of my favorite desserts in NYC. And, now, Oscar's too!
You got a little something on your cheek. No the other one. Over, left, in the middle . . . Oh, never mind. 
took this picture after we already ate about half. 

10 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, I never made it there! You know where else is great for dessert at night? The cafe above Fairways on 74th! The cafe completely transforms at night with table cloths and candles and their desserts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing like homemade whipped cream. in my book; it fixes any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious...and I think you meant gluttonous. (At first I thought you meant it was full of gluten! ;) SORRY to be the spelling police. I can't help myself. I love your blog, Sharon. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. That would just be amazing. Send some over here?! Thaanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the picture of that dessert and the way they serve it is exactly as it is described in Judy Blume's 'Starring Sally J. Freedman As Herself'...I read it about 20-something years ago and I still remember it...well definitely in a Judy Blume book, I think it's that one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually now i think about it maybe it's chocolate ice cream on one platter in the book, and whipped cream on the other... but whatever, it's a visceral literary childhood memory and that picture brought it all back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger