8/7/13

Coney Island Triple Play: A Hot Dog, A Ride the Wonder Wheel, and the Beach

Before we left for Coney Island, I told the kids exactly what we were going to do: Eat a hot dog, ride the Wonder Wheel, and play at the beach. That's it. The Coney Island triple play. All my problems as a parent would be solved if I took charge like that more often. I'm really good at putting my family in fun locations, but once we get there I wonder around making things up as I go. This almost always leads to impulse buying and the kids saying can we? can we? can we? please please please. Which then leads me to escape onto my iPhone to temporarily avoid their Mom Mum Mommy demands. Not this time.

To add to my Coney Island power trip, I made them ride in the white cart, instead of the moving red or blue carts on the ferris wheel. I wanted to get the full view. The kids moaned and probably thought I was the biggest bore, but they had fun regardless. I enjoyed myself throughout the whole day and came home without breaking the bank. Things can get out of control on Coney Island, but when I run things like an organized day camp, it's all good. If only life were that simple, thrilling and predicable all the time.

PS The kids were so little the last time we went to Coney Island.
The kids were stoked when I told them they could get an italian ice. 
the russian woman in the red bathing suit behind looked like a victoria secret model. 


Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. when did they get so big?! taking kids anywhere is so expensive. i try to take my cousins fun places when they visit and it always ends up costing twice as much as i thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! There definitely is something to be said for just being in charge and going "you know what- this is how it's going to work". This is what I'm like with my little sister (mostly because otherwise I'd get far too stressed and that's no fun for anyone!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! Way to stick to your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! Then when you said yes to the Italian ice, it was extra special. Going to steal this idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing at the beach is STILL my favourite thing to do ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love reading your posts about your life with 3 kiddos. It feels like we are living parallel lives on opposite coasts. Between your recent pics of kids in Central Park and the Guggenheim and now this post on your trip to Coney Island, I have such similar shots of my 3 this summer! I wrote a post earlier this summer about our trip to Santa Cruz Boardwalk (CA's closest thing to Coney Island) if you are interested. Happy Summer! http://abowlfullofsimple.com/weekend-getaway-santa-cruz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great. The fashion and art in here is bold and fun! Thanks for running such a trendy womens fashion site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are great! I keep thinking about all the amazing things your children have experienced...that oscar camp at the hotel? all those photo shoots? I think you are doing a wonderful mothering job.

    I also love doing things when I know I am not going to have to budget them in for the next three months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have not been to coney island yet and i plan to rectify that this december when we go to nyc again! i love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WonderShare PDF Editor 3
    Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much
    the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of
    colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your Article.This is so great. The fashion and art in here is bold and fun! Thanks for running such a great site. i care data recovery pro 8-1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger