8/1/13

Keith Pitts 2013 Photo Shoot: A Typical Day in the Upper West Side


In between our trips to visit family in Florida and California, Keith Pitts offered to do a photo shoot with us in NYC. I couldn't say no, especially after receiving these amazing photos last year. I love how Keith takes pictures of spontaneous moments that might not fit the mold of a typical family photo shoot. Oscar wants to place a loaf of bread on his head? Great idea. Owen wants to go shirtless. Sure, why not? Ella decides to run ahead of the gang? Go for it. It's in those moments that Keith captures our family perfectly.

The first time I worked with Keith, I was shocked at his unstaged approach, especially when he asked my kids about their favorite toys. I was mortified when Owen brought out his Tow Mater truck and not his handmade wooden cars. I'll never forget the "It's totally cool" shrug Keith gave me as he took pictures of Owen playing with it. The photo ended up being one of my favorites.

This time around, I took comfort knowing we could be ourselves and our evening in Central Park would unfold naturally. My plan for the shoot was simple: Meet Keith on our street corner, head over to our bodega for snacks, and then walk to Central Park to play. I wanted Keith to capture a typical Upper West Side day for us. He nailed it. The images feel unfussy mixed with a little bit of humor and love.

If you would like to work with Keith Pitts, I obviously highly recommend him. He's based out of Arizona, but loves to travel. He makes frequent stops in San Francisco, New York and Paris. Book him for everything including weddings, engagement, family, pets, newborn, and children's photography. Click here to view more work from his portfolio.
Keep reading to see our NYC night from start to end  . . .

Owen was feeling a little uneasy about his tank top. 
We stop at this tiny market about once a day and buy fresh fruit, veggies, and candy. 
All of us in one shot!! Success. 
i would love to see them recreate this shot in 20 years. 
catching fireflies
(above is my favorite image)
(above is owen's favorite. he told me as I was writing this)
I wish I was smiling, but I was too annoyed that oscar kept running away. this is my "i'm trying to keep it together" face. haha
 Aaand I still haven't posted all the images. If you want to see all the pictures, Keith made this slide show. Thanks Keith!

Follow on Bloglovin

38 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I feel like I spent the night with your family!!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! especially the one of ella on the bridge! i love that you can see your kids personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I wish I grew up a cool NYC kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I have missed you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! The kids look so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed you, too! Glad to see you're back. I love your blog and have been reading for a while. The pictures are fantastic! I love spontaneous, unstaged pictures, because they capture a real moment and usually show more of the person's true personality. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing pictures! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing! Love how spontaneous and fresh they look and your kids personalities shine. And LOVE the suspenders! x Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos, your daughter is so pretty....you can't go wrong with a photo shoot in Central Park can you?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these!!! The bodega was a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tank top! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It reminds me of the photos the Kennedys used have taken of themselves--all casual and beautiful. You all look so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. we are just home from another amazing week in nyc with our kids. we had many great walks together in central park. quite possibly the highlight of the the trip for me was a long, meandering, no where to go walk and a stop on a knoll to read aloud to my kids. love these photos of your family. you will cherish them always. ps. oscar's suspenders are rad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me miss you guys even more. I'll have to show Claire when she wakes up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This snap of Ella and Owen talking to each other from the back is the most beautiful picture I have seen on your blog so far. It's gorgeous. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it looks like a still from a movie. Beautiful!

      Delete
  17. You definitely have a beauty that moves. I love that your whole family looks so relaxed in these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These pictures are amazing. You and your family are SO beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sharon - LOVED these. They are really such a perfect depiction of life in NY. Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these! They came out great once again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your boys are such special little dudes. Pictures are magical...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the picture where Ella is standing on the boy's back... look at the tan lines on her feet! She must love those Saltwaters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Slide show...love. And who sings that song? I can't get it out of my head. Did a few searches and can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love all of them, my favorite is the red ball and he is pointing to himself. just a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love the backshot of your 2 children - they will love this shot in years to come when they get older. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger