5/17/11

Rainy Days in NYC

Rain is in the forecast until Saturday. Boo. Pushing a double stroller uphill while holding an umbrella is the worst. So to get me and my friends through this week, I've put together a list of three classic things to do at home. Including a playlist! With Links! This post was inspired by Micheal Jackson's radio station on Pandora. It all started out with Beat It! The perfect song for a pillow fight. No one wants to be defeated. Especially Oscar.
Here's five more pillow fighting songs for your playlist:
Whip It by Devo
Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas and Vivian Hawke
Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
Stand by R.E.M
Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J (the clean version? No?! Still too much for 3 year olds?) 
After the pillow fighting, Toilet Paper Mummies are a good way to make a mess that you'll be cleaning up for days! Again, Michael Jackson starts things off with Thriller.
From there add:
Ghostbusters Theme Song (of course, no playlist is complete with out this classic!)
Scooby Doo Theme Song
And finally, end with flying lessons. Micheal Jackson's song about flying is lame so here's what I came up with:
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Beatles
Fly by Nick Drake (humor me, I adore this song. The kids won't like it at all.)
Superman Theme Song (it's over 4 minutes long ha!)
Let's Go Fly A Kite from Mary Poppins
Fly by Nick Drake (Again! That'll show em who's boss around here.)
There it is. That should give you around 45 minutes of something to do this week. An hour if you repeat the Superman Theme Song a few times. But I'm not suggesting that as an option to my boys. They would be all over that. What songs did I miss? What do you on rainy days? Help!

5 comments:

  1. My boys liked bathing if I let them add food coloring to the water. Long baths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Never thought of it. The other day we used an entire bottle of shaving cream in the bathtub. It was so fun I got in too! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to remember this post for when Elijah gets older as we live in the rain capital of the world... still waiting on summer and for the sun to finally come out from the clouds. Thanks, love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger