5/17/11

wall hooks

 I need a rain jacket. I'm currently using an $8 poncho from CVS. And it has a hole in it! Classy. The kids need rain coats too. Ella wore a fireman jacket she found in the dress up box to school today. I would say use it, but it needs a hood. I've been so unlucky with umbrellas, so hooded rain jackets seem the best bet. With all these jackets coming into our house, we needed some more coat racks. We fell in love with the classic Eames Hang-It-All ($199) but bought this knock-off for well over half the price ($46).  Rob installed last week at kid height with high hopes that they would actually use it. Still waiting for that to happen. The most use it's gotten from the kids is when Owen tested it's strength by hanging onto it while he walked his feet up the wall. Thanks Owen! We know it's secure now.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks just like the original! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted that coat rack for a while. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much for the real thing. I am glad you found such a great knock off. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I totally want hooks at my kids' height. I'm really ticked at blogger. I addition to getting no comments on my posts for like 10 years (2 days), all my witty insightful comments on your blog that I made a couple of days ago are gone. Damn you, Blogger! Love the indoor play playlists too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is this even an issue? Of course they are great. A perfect knock-off just makes you savvy. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hailey, Michelle, Corrine: haha ok! good to know moving forward.

    Emily: Sears for $46. click on "this knock off" for the link.

    Betsy: I read everyone of your posts!! I'll comment more! :) ANd yes, I'm still hoping blogger fixes my comments too. It's my biggest source of validation as a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww shout. It's spelled Corinne. Does that sort of thing drive you bonkers? Sorry if it does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's my biggest source of validation as a human being." You kill me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger