8/27/11

Weekend Approved Project: Stay Inside!


Hey East Coasters: Good News! I dug out an old rainy day post and Hurricane Irened it! I've put together a list of three classic things to do while you're waiting at home for the storm to pass. Including a playlist! Mostly Michael Jackson! With Links! Here you go, an oldie but goodie. Enjoy it while the power still works.

1. Pillow Fight! No one wants to be defeated. Especially Oscar. Here's six pillow fighting songs for your playlist:
Beat It! Micheal Jackson 
Whip It by Devo
Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas and Vivian Hawke
Stand by R.E.M
Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J (the clean version? No?! Still too much for 3 year olds?) 


2. Toilet Paper Mummies! What else are you going to do with all the toilet paper you rushed out to buy unnecessarily for Irene? Put it to good use. It's a fantastic way to make a mess that you'll be cleaning up for days! Again start with, Michael Jackson's Thriller.
From there add:
Ghostbusters Theme Song (of course, no playlist is complete with out this classic!)
Scooby Doo Theme Song
1. And finally, end with flying lessonsMicheal Jackson's song about flying is lame so here's what I came up with:
Fly by Nick Drake (humor me, I adore this song. The kids won't like it at all.)
Superman Theme Song (it's over 4 minutes long ha!)
Let's Go Fly A Kite from Mary Poppins
Fly by Nick Drake (Again! That'll show em who's boss around here.)


There it is. That should give you around 45 minutes of something to do this weekend. An hour if you repeat the Superman Theme Song a few times. But I'm not suggesting that as an option to my boys. They would be all over that. What songs did I miss? What are you doing while all cooped up for Irene? Stay safe!



14 comments:

  1. Heading to my parent's (who have a generator) with Cole and Claire! Yeah!

    Mark and Jake are staying behind to guard the house (and the mother in-law)!

    Stay Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made some cookies. then made some more. and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha You are wonderful. I love that flying picture. Your shutter speed must have been on crank. I just love it. You seem like such a fun Mom. It motivates me to do less, if that makes any sense.

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Just found your blog recently and really enjoy it, lots of good inspiration for when my little one is bigger...stay safe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of these fun activities! they'll come very handy in winter in Toronto when my baby is a little bit older ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the irony of the batman t-shirt for the flying activities+superman theme song!

    cute ideas, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok you're the best parent ever - am so going to do all these with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ideas! I bet they had a blast! I am on Saint Simons Island so thankfully we were spared. Hope you guys are okay too. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Lots of playing and cooking around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a playlist that had "I can't stand the rain" by Missy Elliot. Loved that one.

    #HurricanePlaylist or something similar was trending for a while on Twitter. It was a happy trend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks everyone!

    Julie: that's awesome about the hurricane playlist. i didn't know that!!

    jeannine: I got the fonts from Picnik, a free photo editing site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog. miss nyc. and you inspired me to head to the art museum here today. thank you. good luck on your job search. love that you're posting what you're learning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so friggin funny. never doubt yourself - your kids are going to be so set for life with a fab, hip, happening mum like you at hand. You make the rainclouds turn into rainbows. Things will come together - you have the best attitude - loads of vamp and a go get it attitude. How can that not work?!!!!!! At the same time i was busy thinking - what about turning the blog into a revenue stream through advertising and posting columns etc. You are perfect for it! Sometimes the answer is just like the apple - not far form the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger