10/5/11

White Castle Hamburgers

Homemade chicken noodle soup! Perfect pancakes from scratch! How do I top that?

Check out what I made for dinner last night: White Castle Hamburgers from the FROZEN food aisle at my grocery store. Classy!

Here's why I bought them:
*Made with 100% beef!
*I was up for an adventure since I've never actually eaten a White Castle hamburger.
*On Sale!
*It's a family run company founded in 1921. I love things founded in the 20's! Even the Great Depression couldn't stop these burgers!

How, then, could they taste so gross? Oh wow. Please someone tell me the real hamburgers from the restaurant are better! This can't be!

I ate four. Maybe five.


7 comments:

  1. I ate so many of these in jr. high.
    They're better if you add a slice of cheese after you microwave them. Delicious, even. At least to a 13 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, these are delicious!
    My boys loveth it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up. :) I have a memory of eating at a White Castle in Chicago when I was little, and I liked it! But when I was little, food--especially burgers--just always tasted good. I didn't get picky until I was a teenager. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh you mean SLIDERS? I think White Castle is the original slider...and not for taste but for what they do after they were in your stomach...ack!

    loving your blog! I can't wait to visit the city again and investigate some of the places you mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're not. Trust me! We were all excited to try them upon moving to Chicago, and... yuck! We very quickly found out that it's apparently "hang-over food" that no one really eats :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for admitting that you eat White Castles and don't brush your kids' teeth. I appreciate that you keep it real!

    PS. I <3 sliders :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger