5/11/12

Mother's Day Memories

squinty eyes and ice cream cones
The last Mother's Day with my mom before she passed away was in 2000. I was a senior in high school in Florida. My first mother's day as a mother was in 2006. I was in my mid-twenties living in California. Sadly, I don't remember exactly what I did during those special milestones in my life. I forgot to write down what we ate for breakfast. The kind words that were spoken. My thoughts and feelings of the day. I'm sure there were pictures taken, but who knows where they are? 

Sometimes it's the biggest events that I forget to write down. It's hard to write about amount major moments with restraint. It's so easy to get overly sentimental and suddenly the words lose their strength. The small details like the the color of the flowers on the kitchen table, the way I wore my hair, and the exact cloud formations in the sky get lost under all the emotions.   

This year, even though it's just an ordinary Mother's Day (my 6th!), I hope to take a minute to write down the details of the day in a journal. Perhaps, it will be fun for me to look back years from now and have a glimpse into my life in 2012, 30-years-old, 3 young kids, 1 great husband.  It would be a shame to have another Mother's Day go by and fade away in my memory. I've already let that happen too many times. I would give anything to relive Mother's Day in 2000 or 2006. I could got back in time (sort of) if only I had one small journal entry. It would have been so easy for me! I won't let that happen again. 

How will you remember this Mother's Day? Do you keep a record of major events in your life? Or do you think it's better to just enjoy the moment and move on? No matter how you decide to do it, I wish you the best Mother's Day! 

PS Some of my favorite posts about motherhood:
Mother's Day 2011 I forgot I wrote about it! Yay! Makes me wonder if I sift through some old journals, I might be able to find 2000 and 2006 after all :)

17 comments:

  1. wishing you the best mother's day ever. You look really fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so beautiful, I was tearing up. You are right, we never write down the important things. And I'm trying to. I wrote about my mother's day memories here if you are interested: http://www.togandporter.com/2012/05/mothers-day-tips-from-a-young-mom/

    PS- You look fab in that pink skirt!

    Shannon
    www.11thandshannon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day!

    You are so right about capturing big moments in writing. I recently have been thinking about this Tennessee Williams quote, and I think you might enjoy it.

    "Life is all memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you so quickly you hardly catch it going."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you look darling in that pink skirt, S. Have a lovely day in honor of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt!

    You might like this journal--I have been doing it this year. It's easy to answer ONE question a day, but I can't wait to come back to them 5 years from now and see how my responses change over time. http://www.amazon.com/Q-A-Day-5-Year-Journal/dp/0307719774

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day. Take wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! I haven't recorded much about my past mother's days, but now is a great time to start. (And I say, there's nothing wrong with overly sentimental!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post - and so true! Last year was the last Mother's Day that I had my Mom and I couldn't for the life of me remember what I did or if I even spent the day with her. Luckily, I posted a picture of Facebook to remind me that I went to the MET! That's like a journal, right?! :) Have a wonderful, happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day to one of my all time favorite Mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you find those moments, even if only a small piece of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never recorded anything from Mother's day before, so thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to take the time to do that tomorrow. And second, you look gorgeous in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome picture. You all look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am Lord Ogbomola the high chief of Ogbomola palace, am a great herbalist and powerful spell caster with the great powers to get ex back, make people love you, win cases, get attracted to someone, get financial help and so many others.
    I am well known for the great powers I have and the fast results of my experienced works.
    Are you looking for a good spell to get back your ex lover, husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend?
    Do you want to win court cases?
    Do you want a spell to make yourself very attractive to men or women?
    Do you need financial assistants?
    Do you need powers to control anyone?
    Do you need the perfect spell to get pregnant of have babies of your desire?
    Do you want powers to get rich or famous?
    Do you need a cure to any disease such as HIV/Aids, Diabetes, Parkinson, ALS etc….
    Do you need Penis, Hips, Breast or Butt Enlargement?
    Do you need solution to Weak erection/premature ejaculation in men?
    Do you need connections to become a member of any occult group or society to get more richer?
    Do you want powers to make your business or any organization grow faster and higher? ETC……
    Then consider the Ogbomola Palace as the best place to be for the results and solutions you seek.
    For consultations on any marital or other problems, reach me immediately on my social email: OGBOMOLAPALACE@YAHOO.COM …

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey guys, Get Your Ex Lover Back With The help of Real and Powerful Love spells that really work‎.
    I'm so excited of getting my husband back after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman. After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
    his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ,
    Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger