11/12/12

A Few Things and A Thank You

forgot to post this one on last weeks post.

It's time to get the kids out of the house. The day is too warm and my kids are too wild. And it's my birthday. It's been a good year. Even if the ending wasn't exactly how I imagined. Moving on!

This is my plan: Next year at this time, I hope to be stronger, faster, and healthier. If I get into the NYC 2013 Marathon, I think I'll enjoy the race so much more. I was putting too much emotional baggage into the race. Like somehow by running in honor of my mom, I would be over her death and that sense of loss would disappear. But it won't. I'll always miss her. I think I would have been disappointed to find that out had I run the race.

I haven't taken the time truly thank you for your support during my marathon training and with Fred's Team. It was a life changing experience! Thanks for being apart of it.  

PS As I started writing this post Ella leaned over my shoulder and asked, "What? You're making another blog post?" It's true. I've been writing a lot this morning. Here's A Rustic Applesauce Recipe that will make your house smell amazing and a list of 10 Kid-Friendly Service Projects to do before 2012 is over. Actually if you do one on the list, consider yourself a success. I've also been pinning my heart out for Elizabeth Street. I'm still in the process of recreating/editing all of Elizabeth Streets pinboards. Someone keeps sneaking their ideas onto our boards and I can't wait to delete them. Ha! Like who's responsible for this pin?!  There's a few more I'm scratching my head at . . . I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Also: Joanna's Hurricane Sandy Bake Sale was a huge success!  Just so you know, 
I made the BEST chocolate chip cookies thanks this recipe on Smitten Kitchen. I will never use another recipe again. While I can't credit my chocolate chip cookies entirely, I will say they helped raised $2400. The best part is that Dwell Studio is going to match – so it brings the total to $4800. All the money is going to The Mayor's Fund this week. Yay! It was fun meeting some of you! 

11 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed that y'all put that on. Wish I could have been there to support! Tennessee just seems to be too far! (Ha)

    And that Smitten Kitchen recipe is next on my list. An absolute classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would have thought you would have automatic entry to next year's race...obvioulsy not. Happy birthday. And congrats with the bake sale..great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Sharon! Here's to another year of fabulous kid-raising, blog-writing and life-loving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Looking forward to reading your journey towards the 2013 marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Congrats on all that you accomplished this year! You're a great mom, and an inspiration to so many of us. Wishing you all good things this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you the best!! I hope that you have un wonderful day!!! Keep on with your wonderful spirit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope you had an amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday:) How was your day? Blog about it!
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Sharon!!! Here's to a gorgeous year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! What a year to celebrate -- and the costumes were awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger