2/18/13

My Deflowering: Visiting the Museum of Sex

I'm pretty open about sex. I've already talked to my kids about it. I've been married for about ten years. Even so, my visit the the Museum of Sex was quite shocking . . .



I wouldn't recommend the museum to everyone I know. Videos, pictures, and even sculptures of just about every sex act imaginable and some I never knew existed were displayed throughout. At one point, I walked into boobs, penises and vaginas flashing on 3 small screens. Another wall had 3 huge pictures of homemade sex toys, their inventors and their hilarious/sad stories. While these sound explicit, I thought the museum leaned on the educational side verses the titillation side. Like with all things, as long as you don't take the museum too seriously and aren't easily offended, it's fine. The worst part: the bar in the basement smelled strange, like old hot dogs. Don't go down there if you can avoid it.

Overall, it was fun way to spend a couple of hours on Valentine's Day. Browsing through the different floors to learn how the internet has changed sex, animal sexual behavior, and the history of sex made for an interesting date. Now that I've been, I won't go back because I've seen enough. But I will go back for the gift shop! It was a highlight for sure.

These are the gorgeous flowers Rob sent me from Sprout Home. I took a million photos when they arrived at my office. My goal was to keep taking pictures until someone made fun of me, but no one ever did. My coworkers are so nice! Here's last year's amazing flowers in case you missed them. I can't decide which ones I like better. Hope you had a fun and slightly shocking Valentine's Day!

16 comments:

  1. I am not sure I am brave enough for a sex museum, I am actually blushing sitting all alone in my apartment just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had nightmares after I went to the sex museum in Amsterdam! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so brave! i was hoping you would recap after reading that you were going to the museum for v-day. and PRETTY flowers. *sigh* so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your co-workers ARE nice! ;) I always feel like an over-snapper, too. Happy Valentine's Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the sex museum in Amsterdam killed it for me!
    But I would like to see the fun videos Isabella Rosselini made about animal sex lives, apparently, they're hilarious! (she's doing some now about "are animals good moms? " or something like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the sex museum in Amsterdam killed it for me!
    But I would like to see the fun videos Isabella Rosselini made about animal sex lives, apparently, they're hilarious! (she's doing some now about "are animals good moms? " or something like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful flowers! Personally, I don't think I'd enjoy a sex museum- I am in no way a prude, and I wouldn't be embarrassed to go, there are just other museums I'd rather go to haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up with the pictures on the post with the content. Talk about a contrast! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *erred not aired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so funny! i've always been tempted to go check out the museum of sex. maybe i'll go now? but i would only feel okay about it if i went with ben. would that be weird if i went by myself?? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So the question is, we're you in the mood after or just totally turned off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not in the mood at all. i have HBO for that. ;)

      Delete
  12. Enjoy the best entertainment services by beautiful model girls @ dirtymodels Delhi agency.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say Thank you for the efforts You've Put in writing this blog. While searching for a related subject, your website got here up, it looks really good. I've bookmarked it. Lots of people will probably be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!
    Indian Call Girls in Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

NYC Taught Me All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger